Potential applications include:
- Biomedical imaging
- Automotive and environmental sensors
You may access this technology if your university has signed certain agreements with AMS and CMP, as described below.
Please Note: It may take up to 3 months to receive confirmation of access from the foundry for the technology.
How to Get Licensed
Access to this technology is based on a site license. Each institute (e.g., university) is required to get licensed and multiple researchers can access the technology. Check with your STC Administrator (List of STC Administrators) to determine if your site has already been licensed.
To obtain the license for accessing the technology, a Technical Contact/STC Administrator needs to follow these steps:
- Fill out the on-line form at:
https://cmp3.mycmp.fr/products/dk/dkr/index.php, by entering the following:
- Foundry: austriamicrosystems Process: C35B4C3, C35B4O1, H35B4D3
- Technical Contact: the person who will install the design kit and DRM (Design Rules Manual). In some universities it is a professor who requests the kit; in others, it is the STC Administrator (system administrator).
- The Confidentiality Agreement (CA): must be signed by the Authorized Signatory of your university (usually the Vice-President of Research or Head of Research Services).
- After the online form is submitted, the Technical Contact will receive the CA and Confidentiality and License Agreement (CLA) by email from CMP.
- Return these to CMP, and then CMP will clear the licensing with AMS (expect about two weeks for this to occur).
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org the confirmation of the Confidentiality Agreement and Confidentiality and License Agreement that you received from CMP.
- AMS will generate a CA number for your university, which CMP will forward to the Technical Contact.
- Using the CA number, create an account on the AMS website at: http://asic.austriamicrosystems.com/cgi-bin/register.cgi.
- Once you have generated your AMS account, email CMP to ask them to open access to license generation for this process. CMP will respond to let you know when this has been enabled.
- Generate a FlexLM license from the AMS website, for Hit-Kit version 4.00, and enter the host name and host ID for the machine where your license will be installed: http://asic.austriamicrosystems.com/cgi-sbin/cis/amslmd.cgi.
- AMS will send the license by email, for the Technical Contact to install.
How to Get and Install the Design Kit
- The System Administrator at your university, responsible for maintaining the Supported Technology Configuration of CAD tools and design kits supported by CMC, is the person authorized to get and install this kit.
- You may already have the kit installed in your university, check with your STC Administrator.
- If you are the first to request the kit, ask your STC Administrator to download it and install it for you. He/she can contact email@example.com if he/she needs a copy of the Product and Service Announcement, which provides the specific instructions for this kit.
How to Access the Fabrication Service
- Make sure that their designs are DRC clean, based on the most current version of the design kit, before submitting designs for fabrication.
- Submit packaging instructions at the time of design submission to ensure no unnecessary delay is introduced in the fabrication cycle.
Your main steps to access the fabrication service through CMC are:
- Identify target run from our fabrication schedule.
- Estimate cost for design fabrication: http://www.cmc.ca/en/WhatWeOffer/Make/FabPricing.aspx.
- Book space with CMC using the Request for Manufacturing Resources (RFMR) form: https://competitions.cmc.ca/CMC/HomePage.aspx.
- After ensuring your design is DRC clean based on the most current version of the design kit, submit a Request for Implementation (RFI) form to CMC. The RFI contains (beside other important information) the exact dimensions of the design and packaging requirements which determine CMC's invoice to the designer. See: https://www4.cmc.ca/forms/rfi_form.php.
How to Submit a Test Report
- Go to https://competitions.cmc.ca/CMC/.
- If you have not logged in to CMC Website, click Login (located on the upper right hand corner) and sign in with your Username and Password.
- Select the tab Test Reports. All designs submitted with outstanding test reports will appear.
- Click on the design name to complete the report or select Request an Extension to submit at a later date.
How to Get Support
- CMC provides engineering support on a best-effort basis while it is getting familiar with the technology. Please start with CMC’s support request form.
- Users are encouraged to use CMC's discussion forum to obtain support from peers by going to the AMS 0.35-micron CMOS forum at: https://forums.cmc.ca/.