- Standard component wire bond packaging
- Single or multi-die assembly including flip-chip service
- Custom packaging & assembly services on a case-by-case basis
- Expert engineering support and consultation
CMC’s network of packaging and assembly partners include MOSIS, CMP, Corwil, Quik-Pak, CVInc, Celestica, Achray Photonics, Silitronics, Spectrum Semiconductor Materials, and others.
Service Categories and Pricing
1. Subsidized Access to Standard Component Wire-Bond Packaging
- Standard packages may be ordered through CMC’s fabrication services. If you are a prototyping level subscriber and have your designs fabricated through CMC, the price is $200 for a maximum of five packaged parts. Additional parts will be packaged at cost. Contact CMC email@example.com for details.
- Package types can be selected from the following:
- CMC’s standard package as listed in the table below;
- if the technology is sourced through MOSIS, from MOSIS’s packaging menu, (Ceramic or open cavity plastic categories only; for all others contact CMC for a quote) and
- if the technology is sourced through CMP, from CMP’s packaging menu. (Ceramic or open cavity plastic catergories only; for all others contact CMC for a quote)
- If the packaging requests are not associated with a CMC fabrication run, prototyping subscribers can also access the services under this category at cost-recovery prices. Peer review is not required. Pricing is highly competitive: for instance, we can help you access standard packaging at prices ranging between $800 to $1500 for a batch of five to ten packaged chips.
Note: All of the above services are also accessible to non-subscribers. Contact CMC firstname.lastname@example.org for a quotation.
CMC's Standard Package List
2) Subsidized Access to Single or Multi-Die Packaging and Assembly Services
Prototyping subscribers can access services under this category at subsidized prices by going through a peer review process. The services are clearly defined with known options and boundaries. Click on respective links on the list below for details.
Single or Multi-die Packaging and Assembly Service List
|Generic AIN Carriers
||For photonic chip-on-carrier applications, optimized for semiconductor laser testing and optical waveguide device testing, compatible with the 14-pin butterfly package.
|Die bumping and flip-chip
||Solder or gold stud bumps on loose dies. Flip-chip attachment for reduced package footprint, improved electrical/thermal performance, and multi-technology integration. Chip-to-board flip chipping is available at 3IT at the Université de Sherbrooke. For more info, consult the design guide.
||For applications requiring electrical insulation or biocompatibility.
||For siphotonics and silicon-based chips. SOI substrates, thin top silicon layer, facet coupling, with cleaving along vertical plane of the waveguide and singulation of specific area of a chip.
3) Cost-Recovery Access to Custom Packaging and Assembly Services
Subscribers can access services under this category at cost-recovery prices by sending an inquiry to email@example.com. Services under this category are of more exploratory nature and boundaries are highly flexible. Peer review is not required. Request for service is treated on a case-by-case basis.
Custom Packaging and Assembly Sample Service List
|Hermetic or Vacuum packaging
||Sealed atmosphere within a ceramic or metal package
|Photonic packaging in a 14-pin butterfly package
||Photonic component packaging with DC/RF connection, high-precision fibre coupling, thermal monitoring, and thermoelectric cooling
|Complete/selective bond wire encapsulation
||Custom wire bonding for single or multi-die applications. Complete or donut-shaped glob top to protect bond wires and the die from mechanical and environmental influences or to provide controlled environmental access to the die
||Direct connections of bare dies to a substrate can be made through wire bonding
| Die stacking
||Multiple dies can be stacked using combination of wire bond and flip-chip.
||Any relevant microsystem packaging & assembly services
We're expanding our offerings and seeking input from researchers. To let us know about your requirements, or to get more information and to place your order, please e-mail us and we'll get right back to you.