- FAB 2019/20
- Don't miss out! CMC-AMF Silicon Photonics deadlines: Sept. 10 (peer review application), and Nov. 4 (submission).
- Monthly: III-V Epitaxy Only on GaAs or InP Substrate
- For information see CMC's FAB Schedule or contact FAB@cmc.ca
- TRAINING - Hands-on training workshops include options for industry and academics.
- Concluded (May 2019): Passive Silicon Photonics Fabrication, and Silicon Photonics Design with Luceda-Tanner AMF PDK.
- For information on up-coming training opportunities, contact Jessica.Zhang@cmc.ca
- CNDN SUCCESS STORIES - Full list of photonics success stories below, for example:
*Sign up for CMC's CNDN newsletter*
CMC Microsystems is a proud member of:
- Canadian Photonics Industry Consortium (CPIC) - Photons Canada
- European Photonics Industry Consortium (EPIC)
- OSA Industry Development Associates (OIDA)
PHOTONICS PRODUCTS & SERVICES
LAB - - and More
- Test: Equipment Rental Program
- Packaging & Assembly: Standard and Custom Services and integration packaging and assembly products.
- Training Includes: Passive Silicon Photonics Fabrication | Active Silicon Photonics Fabrication | CMOS-Silicon Photonics Design | System Integration and Packaging. For details visit: Training Courses and Tutorials.
- CMC, in partnership with UBC/Si-EPIC (Silicon Electronic-Photonic Integrated Circuits) (previously NSERC-CREATE), has provided opportunities for training industry and academics in the design, fabrication and test of photonic integrated circuits (PICs) targeting IME's silicon-on-insulator (SOI) technology and for opto-electronics integration targeting IBM 0.13 um CMOS technology.
- More than 400 students have been trained and had their designs fabricated via this globally recognized program.
- Webinars: Upcoming and past recordings
Canada's National Design Network - Photonics Success Stories
There is a vibrant photonics ecosystem in Canada. The transformation in products and services made possible by putting light to work increasingly has a made-in-Canada label. We’re pleased to work with Canadian innovators who contribute significantly to global advances in this field. Our post-secondary institutions are exemplary in engaging their students to become the next generation of photonics innovators.
- Dan Gale, Consultant & former VP & CTO, CMC Microsystems -
CMC Microsystems has significant interaction with several organizations enabling photonics R&D and training:
'International Day of Light' (IDL) is May 16 - Why May 16?