News and Events
Silicon Photonics Training Courses
*Hands-on training workshops include options for industry and academics.*
Fabrication Schedule 2018/19
NEW Products and Services
Download CMC's latest reports
CNDN Photonics Success Stories
*See full list of photonics success stories below.*
*Sign up for CMC's CNDN newsletter*
CMC Microsystems is a proud member of:
PHOTONICS PRODUCTS & SERVICES
Training - And More
Training - CNDN nurtures talent that is helping industry in Canada lead the way in developing this important technology - training includes:
- Passive Silicon Photonics Fabrication | Active Silicon Photonics Fabrication | CMOS-Silicon Photonics Design | System Integration and Packaging
- For details visit: Training Courses and Tutorials.
- CMC, in partnership with UBC/Si-EPIC (Silicon Electronic-Photonic Integrated Circuits), has provided opportunities for training industry and academics in the design, fabrication and test of photonic integrated circuits (PICs) targeting IME's silicon-on-insulator (SOI) technology and for opto-electronics integration targeting IBM 0.13 um CMOS technology. More than 400 students have been trained and had their designs fabricated via this globally recognized program.
- Webinars: Past webinars are available in the NDN Hub.
- Dan Deptuck, Staff Scientist, Optoelectronics Engineering | +1.613.530.4670 | email@example.com
- Jessica Zhang, Optoelectronics Design Engineer | +1.613.530.4782 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rob Mallard, Optoelectronics Engineer | +1.613.530.4781 | email@example.com
- Susan Xu, Senior Engineer, System-Level Integration | +1.613.530.4692 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Industrial services: Ray Filteau, Manager, Sourcing & Supply | +1.613.530.4789 | email@example.com
Support: Engineering support and supply chain advice (form)
Community: We invite you to join on-line conversations at CNDN Community Hub
Overview of CMC products and services: a Photons Canada webinar by CMC Microsystems (PDF)
Canada's National Design Network - Photonics Success Stories
There is a vibrant photonics ecosystem in Canada. The transformation in products and services made possible by putting light to work increasingly has a made-in-Canada label. We’re pleased to work with Canadian innovators who contribute significantly to global advances in this field. Our post-secondary institutions are exemplary in engaging their students to become the next generation of photonics innovators.
- Dan Gale, Consultant & former VP & CTO, CMC Microsystems -
CMC Microsystems has significant interaction with several organizations enabling photonics R&D and training:
Examples of past photonics events:
- 'International Day of Light' - a UNESCO global initiative - May 16, 2018
- OFC 2018, March 2018, San Diego
- SPIE Photonics West, January/February 2018, San Francisco
- Innovation 360 and NanoCanada's 1st National Conference, Sept. 2017, Montréal Canada
- International Conference on Group IV Photonics, Aug. 2017, Berlin Germany
- Photonics North, June 23017, Ottawa Canada. Missed it? Contact Dan.Deptuck@cmc.ca for details.
- OFC - Optical Networking and Communication Conference & Exhibition, March 2017, CA
- SPIE. Photonics West 2017, Jan./Feb. 2017, San Francisco, CA
- CMC was pleased to support Day of Photonics 2016 in Canada, October 21, 2016. Day of Photonics is celebrated every other year and is an EPIC initiative.
- Integrated Photonics Research, Silicon, and Nano-Photonics, July 2016, Vancouver, BC Canada
- AIM Photonics Technical Meeting & MIT Microphotonics Center Spring 2016 Meeting, June 2016, Cambridge, MA
- Photonics North, May 2016, Québec City Convention Centre
- OFC, March 2016, Anaheim, CA
- PIC International Conference, March 2016, Brussels
- Photonics West, February 2016, San Francisco
- As a continuation of its 2015 study The Impact of Photonics on the Canadian Economy, CPIC held a series of workshops in partnership with NSERC, NRC, SPIE, CMC Microsystems, CRIAQ, OZ Optics, Invest Ottawa, and the University of Ottawa to discuss the technology trends and analysis around accelerating the growth of the photonics and optics sector in Canada. Visit Photons Canada and read the report...
- International Year of Light 2015 ~ CMC Microsystems was pleased to support IYL2015, a global initiative adopted by the United Nations.
- Day of Photonics 2014 (in Canada). Day of Photonics was an EPIC initiative.
CMC was proud to be an official sponsor of
INTERNATIONAL YEAR OF LIGHT 2015 - Read CMC's special release for the opening ceremony: Canada's photonics ecosystem: Making light work. See how Canadian's participated at Canada's IYL partner website: www.light2015.ca
Product and Services Catalogue - Products and Services for Photonics R&D
- Return to top of page -