- Subscriptions are valid for 12 months from time of purchase. Subscription renewals are valid for 12 months starting at the expiry date of the original Subscription.
- Subscriptions cannot be transferred to another individual
- Subscriptions can be maintained by a faculty member if they accept an academic appointment at another CMC Member University
- The products and services available through Subscription are intended to enable excellent research, development, and innovation in microsystems and nanotechnologies.
- For each faculty member, the subscription covers any of his/her supervised students, post-doctoral fellows and research assistants who have an account with CMC.
- Designer Subscriptions will allow for use of products for training, including use by students who are not supervised grad students of the Subscription holder.
- Designer and Prototyping Subscriptions can only be purchased by professors with academic appointments at Canadian post-secondary institutions.
Upgrade, Return, Cancellation and Refund Policy:
- A subscription can be upgraded at any time during the term of the subscription for the difference between what you paid for your existing subscription level and the cost of the new subscription.
- You may cancel your subscription and receive a full refund within 30 days if you have not used/accessed any product or service in that period, other than identified 30-day trial products.
- Specific items available via your subscription may be subject to general and/or specific license terms, e.g., for academic and teaching use only, Non-Disclosure Agreement required.
- As appropriate, your acceptance or use of these items and/or your written or electronic acknowledgement of these terms will constitute agreement with these terms.
- Individuals purchasing a subscription will be invoiced at time of purchase.
- You may pay for your subscription by cheque, credit card, purchase order or PayPal.
Transaction Charges and Access Periods:
- Items available via subscription may be subject to additional transaction charges.
- Ongoing access to certain products and services will be contingent upon a current subscription being in place. Clients will be notified when this condition applies.
Privacy of Information:
- CMC complies with all requirements set out in the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act, S.C. 2000, c. 5. And shall comply with the following principles unless exempted by the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. A full description of this policy Is available online.
- From time to time CMC may advertise subscription specials, e.g., discounted upgrade to the next subscription level, discount coupons for current subscription holders. CMC at its discretion will determine the terms and conditions of these offers.