A problem has occurred for some ANSYS EDT users that have applied Windows 10 update KB4571756 (ANSYS EDT = HFSS, SIwave, Maxwell, etc.).
Problem happens during installation, but also seemed to happen when trying to run ANSYS from the Start Menu.
The error code reported during installation is 3221227010.
To avoid this issue setting the environment ANSYS_EM_DONOT_PRELOAD_3DDRIVER_DLL=1 has been tested by CMC:
Set an environment variable that turns off the driver that is causing the error.
- Use windows search and type “system environment” and click on “Edit the system environment variables”
- This opens the “System Properties” tool
- Go to the “Advanced” tab
- Click on “Environment Variables…” at the bottom
- In the System Variables window click on “New…”
- Create the following variable:
Variable Name: ANSYS_EM_DONOT_PRELOAD_3DDRIVER_DLL
Variable Value: 1