CMC Microsystems works with researchers and industry across Canada’s National Design Network® providing access to world-class tools,
technologies, expertise and industrial capabilities for designing, prototyping and manufacturing innovations in microsystems and
nanotechnologies. CMC reducesthe barriersto technology adoption by creating and sharing platform technologies. www.cmc.ca
CMC Microsystems is enthusiastic about this ambitious, innovative opportunity!
As a not-for-profit organization that currently supports a network of over 10,000 academic participants and 1,000
companies developing innovations in advanced technologies in Canada, we invite you to come and grow with us!
CMC is a member of the IBM Q Hub in Sherbrooke, Quebec – the first in Canada.
IBM Q Hubs are regional centers for quantum computing research, development and implementation that provide
members with cloud-based access to IBM’s exclusive quantum computing capability. If you are a passionate software
developer keen to join our team and collaborate with our partners leading the way in the development of quantum
computing, take a look at our requirements to see if your skills, drive and experience match our requirements.
We are looking for individuals with experience in quantum computing in a research environment at the intersection of
academia and private enterprise. This work directly involves industrial and academic partners advancing innovative
The successful candidate will oversee the development of quantum algorithms that can be processed by the IBM Q
computing platform, as well as the application of these algorithms to solve specific research problems for our members.
The individual will have to demonstrate the ability to connect scientific solutions with academic and industrial challenges
in various fields: physics, machine learning, chemistry, finance, etc. She/he must therefore be able to create good
working relationships with researchers from different technical fields, as well as with scientists and managers from
• Participate in the conceptualization and implementation of research projects using IBM’s quantum computing
• Provide documentation and train new users on a quantum computing platform
• Participate in IQ’s community and outreach efforts including for various presentations, scientific and outreach
events, networking within the quantum community and the IBM Q Network
• Participate in the grant writing process for IBM Q Hub projects when required
• Knowledge of classical and quantum programming languages is an asset (Qiskit, Python, Forest, Q#,
• Experience interacting with various members of a research group and the ability to communicate clearly with
specialists and non-specialists
• Demonstrate rigor, autonomy, dynamism, curiosity and good organizational skills
• Have very good knowledge of spoken and written English and French
• Have the ability to write clear, structured, and concise documents
• Demonstrate leadership in project management and supervision of students and interns
• Be willing to work flexible hours during peak periods, availability for occasional travel
• Hold a master’s degree in physics or engineering or any other relevant field with a solid background in quantum
and/or high-performance computing
If you are interested applying for this opportunity please send resume with cover letter to Sue Publicover at: