(Full-time continuing bilingual position in Montreal or Ottawa office)
CMC lowers the barriers to technology adoption for thousands of researchers across Canada. We are passionate about the work we do and this is an exciting opportunity to be a part of our success story. The Communications Specialist with an eye for detail, will support the development of media-based communication strategies, and promote CMC’s corporate messages and brand. The successful candidate will be an organized, dedicated, mission passionate, relationship builder with strong writing and editing skills. If you are a savvy communications professional who is excited about technology and innovation you could be a part of the success of this unique Canadian organization.
• Develop and implement corporate communication plans
• Develop written materials including press releases, advisories, blog posts, newsletters
• Build relationships with key media contacts and identify opportunities
• Provide communications content for website and social media posts (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and other multimedia channels).
• Supporting the implementation of corporate events
• Help build and enhance the organization’s corporate reputation among key audiences
• Support measurement and analysis of communications activity
• University degree preferably in communications or journalism
• 7-10 years’ experience working in communication positions
• Must possess excellent oral and written skills in French and English
• Government relations experience as asset
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Work, Excel, PowerPoint), social media platforms, (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram), wire services
• Familiarity with some aspects of science, technology, and/or research desirable
If you are interested in being considered for this position please send cover letter and resume to Sue Publicover at: firstname.lastname@example.org by: January 6, 2020.
CMC Microsystems works with researchers and industry across Canada’s National Design Network® providing access to world-class tools, technologies, expertise and industrial capabilities for designing, prototyping and manufacturing innovations in microsystems and nanotechnologies. CMC reduces the barriers to technology adoption by creating and sharing platform technologies. www.cmc.ca