CMC Microsystems Response to COVID-19 Pandemic
Last update: October 31, 2020
During this period of the global COVID-19 pandemic, CMC Microsystems is committed to supporting research and technology development to the best of our ability. This includes helping students, professors, and entrepreneurs resume design, fabrication, and test activities as the situation improves in their region. CMC employees are working from home and our support personnel are available. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us.
CAD – Computer-Aided Design tools, email@example.com
- All tools are available as usual as well as technical support from CMC personnel.
- Students and professors are using this time at home to work on their design and simulations. We are getting extra seats of software to lower wait times.
- Many students have not returned to Canada yet to continue their studies. In exceptional circumstances, CMC may be able to facilitate research use of CAD tools from another country by making a special arrangement with the supplier. Such requests are managed on a case-by-case basis and there are limitations. Please let us know if you need assistance.
- We recommend the use of the CMC Cloud Design Environment to speed up your work for research or for courses.
FAB – Services for making working prototypes, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fabrication runs have generally been proceeding as planned, and are continuing to be scheduled. Fabricated chips are being shipped and will continue provided the manufacturers are able to ship them to us, we have access to a cleanroom for any needed sorting, and you confirm you are able to receive them.
- Some suppliers have warned us of manufacturing delays due to temporary factory closures. We will keep you informed as this information is relayed to us.
- Let us know if additional fabrication runs would be useful to help keep your research project on track.
LAB – Device validation to system demonstration, email@example.com