In this two-day training, the following CAD tools and features will be used:
- Luceda’s IPKISS.eda (including Caphe simulator);
- Mentor Graphics Tanner S-Edit, SDL, and L-Edit
- Mentor Graphics Calibre DRC and verification
This course covers these topics:
- Introduction and hands-on exercise to create a silicon photonics design
- Component design in IPKISS: photonics component design based on IPKISS' PICAZZO library component; photonics component design from scratch; preparing component model for circuit simulation.
- Circuit design in IPKISS.eda: schematic design in S-Edit; circuit simulation with Caphe; schematic-driven layout (SDL) and layout design in L-Edit.
- Physical verification: DRC and/or LVS
- Design example is based on AMF PDK including library cells.
- Demo of advanced features including integration with third party tool for FDTD, packaging, multiphysics modelling etc.
The prime target attendees are the ones that are interested in providing training and/or support to other users in their institutions. To be eligible as a trainer you must:
- Be a faculty, student, or research staff from a Canadian Academic Institution.
- Agree to be identified and act as the designated trainer for their research group. For more information, see the Trainer Requirements.
- Have a subscription withy CMC.
Registration is open to academics and industrial participation.
Note: Participant's organization must sign an NDA for access to AMF's silicon photonics technology, if they have not already done so.
||8:30 am to 4:30 pm
Optics & Photonics Pavilion
Université Laval (View Campus Map)
|8:30 am to 6:00 pm
Pricing and Registration
|Trainer: See the Trainer Requirements.
|Academic with Subscription
You need bring a laptop computer with the following features, which are required for on-site training:
- 64-bit computer (A 32-bit computer will NOT work.)
- Operating system: 64-bit Windows 7, 8.1 and 10 only, no Mac or OSX.
- Minimum of 2 GB of RAM is required, 4 GB or more is recommended.
- Free disk space must be more than 4 Gbits.
- Administrator access is required to install software.
- Wireless internet
- Three-button mouse.
- We recommend a relatively new computer (< 3 years old) so that the modelling software runs quickly.
The prime target attendees are those who are interested in providing training and/or support for these tools to other users. To these attendees, CMC will provide subsidized travel and accommodations in accordance with the Queen’s University Travel Policy, provided the attendee:
- Agrees to be identified and act as the designated trainer for their research group. See the Trainer Requirements.
- Has a subscription with CMC.
- Is a faculty, student, or research staff from a Canadian Academic Institution.
- Limit 1 per research group
- If you plan to apply for travel subsidy, please read all policies/guidelines/FAQs listed above to ensure that you are qualified for the subsidy and follow the procedures and requirements.
- Original detailed itemized receipts are a mandatory requirement for all travel related expenses, including meals.
If you have any comments or questions regarding the course content or registration, please contact Susan Xu at email@example.com.
Note: Group rate is not available. For reservation, contact SRES Hebergement at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Course cancellations must be received in writing at least one (1) week before the beginning date of the course in question to receive a full refund of the registration fee. A cancellation made after the deadline will not receive a refund. CMC Microsystems makes no commitments on refunds for travel or accommodations.