CMC Solutions is a collaborative cost-sharing program that leads to joint R&D projects and that:
- Directly contributes to client R&D objectives.
- Adds to the set of technologies, services, or capabilities delivered to the National Design Network (NDN)—see topic areas or theme descriptions for guidance.
- Stimulates value creation and/or contributes to training.
Some projects may not meet all these objectives—all applications will be considered and may be directed to other programs or support.
- This program will defray costs for microsystems development and prototyping, and contribute HR resources for collaborative R&D projects that are structured for mutual benefit to clients and to the NDN.
- Projects are solicited in a number of theme areas. These themes are linked to prioritized technologies, markets, research, and development areas. Project selection takes into account a fit to one or more themes. Unsolicited themes are also welcomed, and may indicate additional areas to shape support outside of the presented themes.
- Projects may be initiated by academic or government researchers, or companies. Projects are research- and/or development-oriented, and are aligned with strategies for the NDN or more dedicated to client requirements.
- Project expenses are shared between clients, CMC, and other collaborators.
- CMC’s budget allocation reflects the expected benefit to the NDN.
- Project duration is expected to be less than one year.
- Continuing assistance may be available to those who intend to commercialize project output.
See more about CMC Solutions: