- FACT Services are available for academic and industrial R&D
- A quote based on the specific R&D requirements will be provided in response to a Request for FACT Services.
- Special benefits for academics with a Prototyping Subscription include price discounts, which are typically more than 50% off market prices.
- CMC shares the costs associated with prototype development, including feasibility study, equipment time, materials, and engineering support.
- Clients can apply for discounts as part of the Request for FACT Services process. The application is peer-reviewed to ensure resources are allocated to projects that will contribute to an increasingly competitive microsystems industry and deliver more highly skilled microsystems professionals in Canada. Effectiveness Criteria.
Examples of peer-review pricing with Prototyping Subscription
- Silicon mold using DRIE ...... $5210
– Generation of layout per client specs
– Fabrication of high-aspect-ratio silicon structures (three design variations) using combination of optical and e-beam lithography, and DRIE
- Transparent ITO reflectarrays ...... $1740
– Fabrication of two photomasks
– Deposition and ion milling of 1 um ITO layer on two silica wafers
– Annealing of ITO
- Wirebonding and Parylene C coating of MEMS sensors ...... $1190
– Acquisition of parts and custom machining of steel casing
– Wirebonding of dice on TO headers (qnty 6)
– 4 um Parylene C coating
- Through-wafer DRIE on bonded SOI-borofloat wafers ...... $1130
– Client supplies pre-processed bonded wafers and photomask
– Process verification on test wafers
– Photolithography, DRIE, and resist strip on two product wafers
- Ion implantation ...... $960
– Double-junction ion implantations on four pre-processed SOI wafers
– Rapid thermal annealing