- Graduate student or post-doctoral fellow at a Canadian University and registered with CMC (including all members listed on application).
- The applicant's faculty supervisor must hold a subscription at the time of award. One may apply for an award prior to subscription.
- Has no outstanding fabrication or test reports with CMC.
Applications are reviewed monthly.
- Submission Deadline: 10th of the month by 4:00 pm ET. Exception: one week earlier in December.
- Notification of Decision: End of month.
- Duration: 4 months from date of notification for MNT Award.
- Fabrication Report Deadline: Within 3 months after completing fabrication/training.
MNT Award facilitates custom microfabrication and travel to non-local facilities. This is a competitive program and applications are peer reviewed against CMC's Effectiveness Criteria.
- Eligible costs: costs for mask fabrication, user access and machine usage; reasonable costs for consumables associated with the project and invoiced by lab.
- Ineligible costs: accessories (e.g. tweezers, sample holders), consumable materials (e.g. wafers, chemicals) not invoiced by the MNT lab (e.g., from third party vendors).
- Those who hold NSERC Engage/ Alliance grants are eligible for automatic award with a letter of support and documentation from the industry research partner.
- Award is only for microfabrication conducted by the applicant team at user-access facilities at Canadian universities (Locate your Lab). For Travel Award, refer to CMC travel procedures.
- Award is non-transferable and must be used only by the awardee and for the project proposed in the application. Ensure you have submitted any outstanding fabrication or test reports.
- Acknowledge CMC in any related publications.
- Award funds will be paid by a cheque to subscriber. For details refer award payment details.
If you have any question, please contact MNT@cmc.ca, or 613-530-4785.