- Events - meet with us at:
- Download - CMC's latest:
- CNDN Photonics Success Stories:
- CMC News Release:
*Sign up for CMC's Photonics Newsletter*
FABRICATION SCHEDULE 2017/18
TRAINING 2017/18 - - CMC in partnership with NSERC-CREATE program Si-EPIC
CMC Microsystems is a proud member of:
CMC was proud to be an official sponsor of
INTERNATIONAL YEAR OF LIGHT 2015 - Read CMC's special release for the opening ceremony: Canada's photonics ecosystem: Making light work. See how Canadian's participated at Canada's IYL partner website: www.light2015.ca. Read about the IYL closing ceremony.
PHOTONICS PRODUCTS & SERVICES
- Prototype Manufacturing Technologies
To submit an application, visit the MPW (Multi Project Wafer) fabrication schedule and select 'Opto technology' from the menu.
- IME Silicon on Insulator, Passives & Actives
IMEC Silicon on Insulator, Passives
- NRC-CPFC III-V Epitaxy on InP Substrates
- NRC-CPFC Processing of III-V Materials on GaAs and InP Substrates
- Landmark III-V Epitaxy on GaAs and InP Substrates
- FBH-Berlin III-V Epitaxy on GaAs Substrates
- Applied Nanotools, NanoSOI
- Packaging & Assembly
- University-Based Fabrication
- Photonics Test
- CMC Solutions - a collaborative cost sharing program for R&D projects
Training - And More
Training: CMC, in partnership with UBC/Si-EPIC (Silicon Electronic-Photonic Integrated Circuits), is providing an opportunity for training industry and academics in the design, fabrication and test of photonic integrated circuits (PICs) targeting IME's silicon-on-insulator (SOI) technology and for opto-electronics integration targeting IBM 0.13 um CMOS technology. More than 200 individuals have been trained and had their designs fabricated via this globally recognized program. For details visit: Training Courses and Tutorials. Includes:
– Passive Silicon Photonics Fabrication
– Active Silicon Photonics Fabrication
– CMOS-Silicon Photonics Design
– System Integration and Packaging
Note: (1) Visiting students are eligible to apply for CMC Financial Assistance towards travel and accommodations. (2) Visiting students from the universities indicated in the Western Deans' Agreement have their UBC tuition fees waived.
- Webinars: Past webinars are available in the NDN Hub.
- Dan Deptuck, Staff Scientist, Optoelectronics Engineering | +1.613.530.4670 | email@example.com
- Jessica Zhang, Optoelectronics Design Engineer | +1.613.530.4782 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rob Mallard, Optoelectronics Engineer | +1.613.530.4781 | email@example.com
- Susan Xu, Senior Engineer, System-Level Integration | +1.613.530.4692 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Patricia Greig, Photonics CAD and Test Engineer | +1.613.530.4662 | email@example.com
- Yule Xiong, Photonics Support Engineer | +1.613.530.4687 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- For industrial services: Ray Filteau, Manager, Sourcing & Supply | +1.613.530.4789 | email@example.com
Canada's National Design Network - Photonics Success Stories
There is a vibrant photonics ecosystem in Canada. The transformation in products and services made possible by putting light to work increasingly has a made-in-Canada label. We’re pleased to work with Canadian innovators who contribute significantly to global advances in this field. Our post-secondary institutions are exemplary in engaging their students to become the next generation of photonics innovators.
- Dan Gale, Vice-President and CTO, CMC Microsystems -
CMC Microsystems has significant interaction with several organizations enabling photonics R&D and training:
Examples of past photonics events:
- Innovation 360 and NanoCanada's 1st National Conference, Sept. 2017, Montréal Canada
- International Conference on Group IV Photonics, Aug. 2017, Berlin Germany
- Photonics North, June 23017, Ottawa Canada. Missed it? Contact Dan.Deptuck@cmc.ca for details.
- OFC - Optical Networking and Communication Conference & Exhibition, March 2017, CA
- SPIE. Photonics West 2017, Jan./Feb. 2017, San Francisco, CA
- CMC was pleased to support Day of Photonics 2016 in Canada, October 21, 2016. Day of Photonics is celebrated every other year and is an EPIC initiative.
- Integrated Photonics Research, Silicon, and Nano-Photonics, July 2016, Vancouver, BC Canada
- AIM Photonics Technical Meeting & MIT Microphotonics Center Spring 2016 Meeting, June 2016, Cambridge, MA
- Photonics North, May 2016, Québec City Convention Centre
- OFC, March 2016, Anaheim, CA
- PIC International Conference, March 2016, Brussels
- Photonics West, February 2016, San Francisco
- Schawlow-Townes Symposium on Photonics, October 2015, Hosts: University of Ottawa and NRC
- IEEE 12th International Conference on Group IV Photonics, August 2015, Vancouver, BC Canada
- Photonics North, June 2015, Ottawa, ON
- OFC - Optical Fiber Communication Conference® and Exposition (OSA) , March 2015, Los Angeles, CA
- As a continuation of its 2015 study The Impact of Photonics on the Canadian Economy, CPIC held a series of workshops in partnership with NSERC, NRC, SPIE, CMC Microsystems, CRIAQ, OZ Optics, Invest Ottawa, and the University of Ottawa to discuss the technology trends and analysis around accelerating the growth of the photonics and optics sector in Canada. Visit Photons Canada and read the report...
- International Year of Light 2015 ~ CMC Microsystems was pleased to support IYL2015, a global initiative adopted by the United Nations.
- Day of Photonics 2014 (in Canada) ~ activities at CMC Microsystems. Day of Photonics was an EPIC initiative.
Product and Services Catalogue - Products and Services for Photonics R&D
- Return to top of page -