News and Events
Training Courses - Hands-on training workshops include options for industry and academics
- Passive Silicon Photonics Fabrication Training, May 10-17 - Registration is open
- Silicon Photonics Design with Luceda-Tanner AMF PDK, May 23-24- Registration is open
- Environment: from system-level schematic design to simulation, layout creation and verification. Interested in providing training and/or support to other users in their institutions? Find out more.
Download CMC's latest reports
CNDN Photonics Success Stories - See full list of photonics success stories below
*Sign up for CMC's CNDN newsletter*
CMC Microsystems is a proud member of:
PHOTONICS PRODUCTS & SERVICES
- Prototype Manufacturing: To submit an application, visit the MPW (Multi Project Wafer) fabrication schedule and select 'Opto technology' from the menu. Technologies:
- AMF Silicon on Insulator, Passives & Actives
- Epitaxy options: NRC-CPFC III-V Epitaxy on InP Substrates | Landmark III-V Epitaxy on GaAs and InP Substrates | FBH-Berlin III-V Epitaxy on GaAs Substrates
- University-Based Fabrication: For custom manufacturing equipment and processes, and financial (travel) assistance:
CMC's MNT Facilities Portal
LAB - - and More
- Test: Equipment Loan Program
- Packaging & Assembly: Standard and Custom Services and Integration Packaging and Assembly Products
- Training Includes: Passive Silicon Photonics Fabrication | Active Silicon Photonics Fabrication | CMOS-Silicon Photonics Design | System Integration and Packaging. For details visit: Training Courses and Tutorials.
- CMC, in partnership with UBC/Si-EPIC (Silicon Electronic-Photonic Integrated Circuits) (previously NSERC-CREATE), has provided opportunities for training industry and academics in the design, fabrication and test of photonic integrated circuits (PICs) targeting IME's silicon-on-insulator (SOI) technology and for opto-electronics integration targeting IBM 0.13 um CMOS technology.
- More than 400 students have been trained and had their designs fabricated via this globally recognized program.
- Webinars: Upcoming and past recordings
Canada's National Design Network - Photonics Success Stories
There is a vibrant photonics ecosystem in Canada. The transformation in products and services made possible by putting light to work increasingly has a made-in-Canada label. We’re pleased to work with Canadian innovators who contribute significantly to global advances in this field. Our post-secondary institutions are exemplary in engaging their students to become the next generation of photonics innovators.
- Dan Gale, Consultant & former VP & CTO, CMC Microsystems -
CMC Microsystems has significant interaction with several organizations enabling photonics R&D and training:
Also see: Partners
, and CMC's Annual Report and Highlights
- Product and Services Catalogue -
- Return to top of page -