Design Kit: Luceda-Tanner-AMF Silicon Photonics Design Platform
Minimum Subscription Required:
Price for Canadian Academics
The Luceda-Tanner-AMF Silicon Photonics Design Platform allows researchers to design and prototype photonics-based technologies faster and more successfully. The platform includes a process design kit (PDK) developed by AMF with partner Luceda Photonics, access to AMF’s fabrication services, and design tools from Luceda and Mentor Graphics.
The following CAD tools are used in this platform:
- Luceda’s IPKISS.EDA (including CAPHE simulator);
- Mentor Graphics’ Tanner S-Edit and L-Edit
- Mentor Graphics’ Calibre
- Lumerical Interconnect (in a future update)
This Platform includes the following components:
- AMF Process Design Kit (PDK) – downloadable from this product (amfsip_1.0.0_updated_Oct2_2018.zip)
- Integrated Luceda and Tanner EDA environment – downloadable from Luceda and Tanner tool pages
- IPKISS' PICAZZO library Python-based PCells
- Schematic design capability in Tanner S-Edit
- Circuit simulation with CAPHE simulator
- Schematic-driven layout (SDL) generation
- Layout design and manual modification in L-Edit
- Auto Connection for Waveguide and performing Connection Errors checking, etc.
- Design examples and documentation
- AWG Filter Toolbox – downloadable from this product (filter_toolbox-1.1.0.zip)
- Tutorial Guide: Luceda-Tanner-AMF Silicon Photonics Advanced Reference Design (ICI-374) – downloadable from this product (TutorialGuide_SiPhotonics_Adv_Ref_Design_v1.pdf)
- This reference design tutorial guide is on the design and layout of wavelength division multiplexer and demultiplexer circuits utilizing the combinations of a micro-ring resonator photonic weight bank and an arrayed waveguide grating using this platform.
- User Guide: AWG Circuit Design with Luceda-Tanner-AMF Platform (ICI-373) – downloadable from this product (UserGuide_AWG_Design_v1.pdf)
- This user guide provides instructions for creating an Array Waveguide Grating (AWG) design and layouts using this platform, which uses Luceda Filter tool box.
- User guide: Luceda-Tanner-AMF Silicon Photonics Design Platform (ICI-368) – downloadable from this product (UserGuide_SiPhotonics_Platform_v2.pdf)
- This user guide provides instructions for creating silicon photonics design and layouts using the platform, including Luceda’s IPKISS.EDA and Mentor Graphics Tanner and Calibre tools with AMF PDK components. It includes an example from schematic design to simulation, layout generation, and verification. The user guide describes the following contents:
- Downloading and installing the PDK, Luceda, and Tanner tools
- Schematic driven layout design with step-by-step instructions
- Exporting GDSII
- Setting up and run interactive DRC
- Stand-alone DRC run
Licensing Requirements or Restrictions
Access to the AMF PDK and the User Guide is restricted to account holders with an appropriate non-disclosure agreement (NDA). To find out if your organization has the required NDA in place, or to facilitate the NDA execution process, please contact our Licensing Administrator at email@example.com or 613-530-4787.
If your research benefits from products and services provided by CMC Microsystems, please acknowledge this support in any
publications about your work. For more information, please visit