Effective April 1, 2019 we will introduce subscription changes to simplify access to CAD, FAB and LAB services for research use.
There will be only one class of subscription, offering greater access to CAD, and two payment options.
Option 1: Professor Research Subscription, $1000
- Access to all CAD tools for research use (licensing restrictions may apply).
- Unlimited number of research team users (supervised students, research assistants, and post-docs) attached to a professors’ subscription.
- Unlimited use of Cadence, Mentor, Synopsys and Xilinx.
- Use of other tools capped at five concurrent use instances per pool from the subscriber’s research team.
- E.g., 5 concurrent use instances of ANSYS; or 2 concurrent use instances of COMSOL + 1 Tanner + 5 ANSYS are both valid use cases.
- Additional access to CAD can be purchased - $1000 for five additional concurrent use instances per tool.
- Subscriber pricing on over 20 fabrication service options, short-term equipment loans, and training courses.
- Access to cloud-based and high-performance computing resources, engineering support and training materials.
Option 2: Institution/Department Subscription, $5000 annual fee plus $1000 per subscribing professor
- Access described in the Professor Research Subscription with unlimited concurrent use instances per tool from each subscriber’s research team.
- The institution/department will provide a list of professors included in the Subscription. No charge will apply for additional professors added during the subscription term.
- Single renewal bill to the institution or department.
- $5000 annual fee plus $1000 for each subscription active on the annual renewal date.
- Transaction fees for fabrication and other services will be billed directly to the professor.
Why will this help?
- Only one transaction annually with no need to add or swap tools in year.
- Your team will always be able to pick the best tool for the job.
- Any team member can try out a new tool at any time.
What do you need to do?
The current Subscription policy and pricing remain in force until March 31, 2019. Until then you may renew under existing arrangements. Please remember to include these new subscription costs as you plan your research budget.