To be eligible for Financial Assistance from CMC you must:
- Have a valid account with CMC Microsystems. Not registered? Sign up for an Account.
- Be a full-time student or faculty member at a Canadian Academic Institution.
- Have the pre-requisites for course attendance (if applicable).
- Have a Designer or Prototyping Subscription.
About CMC Financial Assistance
Assistance will be awarded based on proximity to the training course venue as follows:
- Attendees who are traveling between 50 to 250 km (based on one-way travel to venue) are eligible for up to $700.00.
- Attendees who are traveling over 250 km (based on one-way travel to venue) are eligible for up to $1000.00.
- CMC will compensate attendees for all reasonable and approved expenses associated with travel, accommodations and meals; original receipts are required.
For an overview of approved expenses and related guidelines, please refer to the travel procedure.
- Course fees will not be covered by CMC Microsystems. Each participant will be expected to pay their registration prior to attending the event.
- CMC will not provide a subsidy for travel within 50 km of the conference venue.
- Personal automobile use will be reimbursed at 0.55/cents per km up to a maximum of 1000 km.
Attendees are responsible for booking their own travel and accommodations.
Payment of Financial Assistance
- Will be processed after the completion of the training course.
- All claims must be submitted to CMC Microsystems within fifteen (15) calendar days of the end of the course.
- All documentation and original receipts (credit card receipts, credit card statements, Interac receipts, cancelled cheques and photocopies of receipts will not be accepted) should be submitted to Keri McDonald at:
Attn: Finance Group
945 Princess Street, Suite # 103
Should you have any questions regarding travel subsidies, please contact Keri McDonald at 613.530.4699 or email@example.com.
- The CMC Travel Procedure is in accordance with the CMC Travel Policy dated June 23, 1993 and approved by the Executive Committee of the Board.
- All internal travel will be arranged through CMC's travel coordinators with CMC's travel agency.
- All CMC external travellers will be offered travel arrangements through CMC's travel agency (Merit at 1-800-881-2375, ext. 7220) and are strongly encouraged to use this service.
- Should the traveller make other arrangements which result in higher costs, CMC is obligated to reimburse only the reasonable lower cost alternative.