- System controller
- PXIe expansion card slots, including high-end FPGA-based DAQ, high-resolution digitizer, arbitrary waveform generator, digital multimeter, and high-accuracy power measurement unit
- Program environment: LabVIEW, C/C++
- High-voltage amplifier and various of high-voltage fixtures, as well as interface boards and test chips
- FPGA-based imaging system including color camera, microscopic lens system, motorized zoom, illuminator, FPGA video adapter, microscope stand, camera cables, FPGA camera interface software, FPGA image processing library, zoom and lighting interface device, and zoom and lighting control software.
- Accelerates research by providing a feature-rich platform for integration and validating of MEMS-based microsystems.
- Addresses specific research needs through a graphics-based programmable environment and MEMS sensor and actuator interfaces boards.
- Enables a faster path to commercialization by sourcing commercial-grade components and through compliance with commercial standards and interfaces (e.g., PXI and PXIe).
Suitable research fields for this variant include real-time feedback loop control (analog or video-based) of MEMS devices such as accelerometers. A research example is shown below:
Research Example of MIP Generic MEMS Variant