FIMMWAVE is a software tool from Photon Design that includes waveguide mode solvers, advanced finite-difference and finite-element solvers, and fibre solvers. It is a generic, fully vectorial mode finder with applicability to a wide range of materials and waveguide geometries. The software includes FIMMPROP, a rigorous tool for solving bidirectional 3D optical propagation of lightwaves. Here are some example applications:
- low-index polymer waveguides, high-index SOI, and GaAs/AlGaAs waveguides
- buried, etched (rib, ridge), and diffused geometries commonly used in optoelectronics
- single-mode and multi-mode optical fibres, as well as photonic crystal fibres
- slot waveguides, slanted-wall, and graded structures
- plasmonic and microwave waveguides.
More information about FIMMWAVE is available at http://www.photond.com/products/fimmwave.htm.