FIMMWAVE is a software tool from Photon Design that includes waveguide mode solvers, advanced finite-difference and finite-element solvers, and fibre solvers. It is a generic, fully vectorial mode finder with applicability to a wide range of materials and waveguide geometries. The software includes FIMMPROP, a rigorous tool for solving bidirectional 3D optical propagation of lightwaves. Here are some example applications:
- low-index polymer waveguides, high-index SOI, and GaAs/AlGaAs waveguides
- buried, etched (rib, ridge), and diffused geometries commonly used in optoelectronics
- single-mode and multi-mode optical fibres, as well as photonic crystal fibres
- slot waveguides, slanted-wall, and graded structures
- plasmonic and microwave waveguides.
More information about FIMMWAVE is available at http://www.photond.com/products/fimmwave.htm.
|Operating System||Linux, Windows 7, 8 and 10|
|Bit Level||32- and 64-bit|
- Faculty with a Professor Research Subscription receive access that allows you, your students, and your research staff to access FIMMWAVE design tool software.
- Five concurrent use instances per tool from the subscriber’s research team, to access a shared license pool
- Access for one year
- Access is authorized within the geographic boundaries of Canada only.
- The use of this design tool is restricted to university research only.
- Access to the software license keys is limited to clients, graduate students, and research staff.
- Any NDN university Professor Research subscriber is authorized to access this product.