This quick start guide provides instructions for installing Lumerical Interconnect on a Windows 10 system using CMC Microsystems’ CADpass R20 to access shared licenses on the CMC License Management System (LMS).
You must meet the following criteria before installing Lumerical Interconnect:
- Students must register with CMC at https://account.cmc.ca/MyAccount/MyAccount.aspx
- Faculty supervisors can subscribe through the CMC subscription page at https://www.cmc.ca/subscriptions/
ANSYS Lumerical runs on the following operating systems:
- Windows 10 (64-bit editions only)
- Windows HPC Server 2008 R2
- MacOS 10.11 or 10.12
- RedHat Enterprise Linux 6, 7 (64-bit editions only)
- Amazon EC2
- HPC network technologies, including: Infiniband, Myrinet, Gb and 10Gb Ethernet
- MPI frameworks, including: Microsoft MPI, MPICH, OpenMPI, IntelMPI and other commercial MPI distributions
- HPC schedulers, including: Platform LSF, PBS Pro, OpenPBS, Condor and Sun Grid Engine
Setting up CADpass R20 for Use with Lumerical Interconnect
CADpass R20 is a CMC Microsystems’ license access client and is used by subscribers across Canada to connect to our secure license server(s).
- Follow the instructions in the quick start guide to download and install CADpass R20.
- Start CADpass R20 and then log in using your CMC Microsystems Username and Password.
- When the CAD access window appears, double-click Lumerical.
A red checkmark appears next to the entry, as shown in Figure 1. Leave this checked while you are using the software.
Figure 1: The Lumerical Interconnect Selection in CADpass R20
Obtaining the Software
- Download the INTERCONNECT installation package from the Lumerical download centre.
Note: Registration is required.
- On the Lumerical site, fill in the required information and identify yourself as a CMC Microsystems subscriber using the prefix CMCMicro_ followed by your name, as shown in Figure 2.
Figure 2: Registering for the Lumerical Download on the Lumerical Solutions’ Website
- Extract the Lumerical_Suite zip file to a temporary location on your workstation.
Note: Software releases 2020 and later have all Lumerical products in one download suite. Interconnect, as other products, runs on the Lumerical Schematic Design Environment under the license of the product.
Installing the Software
- Run the Lumerical_Installer executable file.
The Lumerical installer window is displayed, as shown in Figure 3.
Figure 3: Lumerical Installer Window
- Click Next.
A copy of the Lumerical License Agreement is displayed.
- Read this agreement carefully, and click I agree only if you understand your obligations, as shown in Figure 4.
If you have questions about your research as it relates to this agreement or any aspect of your usage, contact CMC at email@example.com.
Figure 4: The Lumerical License Agreement Window
- Click Next.
- Under Installation options, select Uninstall other versions of Lumerical products and click Next.
- Choose your installation folder and click Next.
The program will take a few minutes to run.
- Click Close when the installation is completed, as shown in Figure 5.
Figure 5: The Lumerical Installation Complete Window
- From the Windows Start Menu, run the program Configure License, as shown in Figure 6.
Figure 6: Running the Configure License Program
The Lumerical Configure License window appears, as shown in Figure 7.
Figure 7: Port and Server Setting for Lumerical license
- Under the tab Floating, set the Server to lumerical.a.cmc.ca and specify the Port number to be 6080.
- Click OK to save these settings.
- Make sure the Lumerical icon on CADpass R20 is selected, as shown in Figure 1.
- Start INTERCONNECT from the Windows Start Menu
If the program installed correctly, the Lumerical Schematic Design Environment main window opens, as shown in Figure 8. Explore sessions of Products and Examples. Start a new project or open a file from the top menu File.
Figure 8: Main Window of Lumerical Schematic Design Environment
On occasion, CADpass R20 may be blocked because of anti-virus software on your workstation.
For assistance with debugging, CMC Microsystems’ technical support staff can perform remote desktop login assistance. Use the support webpage to send in your request.
The Lumerical Solutions’ website provides an extensive Knowledge Base with helpful advice for solving problems.
Lumerical’ Support Center posts webinars, videos and training classes.