Quick Start Guide
Installing Vero Software Alphacam via CADpass R20
You must meet the following criteria before installing Alphacam:
- Students must register with CMC at: https://account.cmc.ca/MyAccount/MyAccount.aspx
- Faculty supervisors can subscribe through the CMC subscription page at: https://www.cmc.ca/subscriptions/
- You must have administrator rights for the computer on which you are installing this software
- You must have a unique login name (LINUX or Windows) that does not contain a blank space. The following are examples of unacceptable login names: admin or administrator, cmcmgr, root, stcmgr, super, sysadm, user, owner, student, guest, temp, and system
- System requirements: https://www.alphacam.com/systembequirements
CADpass R20 is a CMC Microsystems’ license access client and is used by subscribers across Canada to connect to our secure license server(s).
- If CADpass R20 is not already installed, then download and install the latest version from the CMC Microsystems’ website at https://www.cmc.ca/cadpass/.
- Start CADpass R20 and then log in using your CMC Microsystems Username and Password.
- When the CAD access window appears, double-click Alphacam.
A red checkmark appears next to the entry, as shown in Figure 1. Leave this checked while you are using the software.
- Access the Alphacam software from CMC’s CAD Tools webpage.
- Download the installation file AC2018R2SU2.zip.
- Extract the file to a temporary folder.
- Double-click StartHere.hta.
The installation screen is displayed as shown in Figure 2.
- From the installation screen, click Install Alphacam to run the install file, Alphacam 2018 R2.exe.
- In the License Agreement screen, select I accept the agreement to continue, and then click Next.
- In the Join the Vero Customer Experience Improvement Program screen, choose your preference and then click Next.
- In the Select Destination Location screen, enter the name of the folder, and then click Next, as shown in Figure 3.
Figure 3: Selecting the Folder Location
- In the Alphacam System Folders screen, select the location to install the LicomDat and LicomDir folders, and then click Next, as shown in Figure 4.
Figure 4: Install the Alphacam System Folders
- In the Select Additional Tasks screen, check the Create a desktop shortcut if desired, and then click Next.
- In the Ready to Install screen, review the details, and then click Install, as shown in Figure 5.
The installer shows its progress as the installation continues.
Figure 5: Installing Alphacam
- In the Completing the Alphacam Setup Wizard screen, uncheck the Launch Alphacam checkbox, and click Finish, as shown in Figure 6.
Figure 6: Completing the Alphacam Setup
If you have questions about this agreement, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your concerns.
- If it is not open, log in to CADpass R20.
- Click the Alphacam box to select a license.
There will be a red checkmark next to the tool entry, as shown in Figure 7. Leave this checked while you are using the software.
Figure 7: Alphacam Software Has Been Selected
- From the Start menu, open the Alphacam License Manager, as shown in Figure 8. Run this application with administrator privileges.
Figure 8: Start Menu Showing Alphacam License Manager
- In the License Manager (2018 R2 – Alphacam) window, shown in Figure 9, select Server | Defined Server List.
Figure 9: Alphacam License Manager
The Configure License Servers dialog is displayed, as shown in Figure 10.
Figure 10: Configure License Servers Dialog Window
- In the Configure License Servers dialog, enter the Host name: as alphacam.a.cmc.ca, as shown in Figure 11.
Figure 11: Enter the License Server Host Name as alphacam.a.cmc.ca
- Click Test Server.
The Add Server button is enabled.
- Click Add Server and then click Close.
- If asked, confirm that you want to change the license server by clicking Yes.
- Click Configure Network Licenses, as shown in Figure 12.
Figure 12: Selecting Configure Network Licenses
- In the right-hand pane, select Alphacam Educational.
- Click <<Reserved.
The educational license moves to the reserved side.
- Click OK.
- Click Close.
- Start Alphacam, by using the desktop icon or a Start menu entry.
The Alphacam startup screen is displayed.
- For the simplest interface, select Alphacam Standard Mill, as shown in Figure 13.
Figure 13: Selecting Alphacam Standard Mill
If you successfully connect to the license server, the Alphacam main window appears displayed, as shown in Figure 14.
Figure 14: The Alphacam Main Window
You must choose a post-processor, or the program will close. A post-processor is a translator to convert the drawing and the mill paths in Alphacam to the G-code program instructions for your mill. The mill vendor may have provided a post-processor, in which case, navigate to that folder and select it.
- For now, to confirm the Alphacam installation, choose the Alpha Standard 3 ax Mill.amp, as shown in Figure 15.
Figure 15: Selecting the Post-Processor
Alphacam is now successfully installed, licensed, and running. See Figure 16.
Figure 16: Alphacam Successfully Running
Other Help and Resources
- Alphacam Help can be accessed by selecting File | Help from the main menu. If you are online, you will be taken to the online help site at
- Otherwise, a local compiled HTML help file at C:\Program Files\Vero Software\Alphacam 2018 R2 will be opened.
The following information will help you launch, setup and use camLine XperiDesk Process Development Environment (PDE) software with the CMC License Management System (LMS). This
Introduction The HyperLynx CAD software is a family of electromagnetic simulators, SPICE model generators, and design rule checkers. This software is part of the Mentor Graphics Higher
This quick start guide provides instructions for installing OpticStudio Professional from Zemax LLC on a Windows 10 system using CMC Microsystem’s CADpass to access shared
The following information will help you download, install, set up, and use SolidWorks 3D solid modelling software from Dassault Design Systèmes (DDS) with the CMC
The following information will help you download, install, set up and use ThermoFisher Scientific’s Avizo and/or Amira with the CMC License Management System. These instructions
This quick start guide provides instructions for installing Synopsys QuantumATK Academic software on Microsoft Windows using CMC Microsystems’ CADpass R20 to access shared licenses on