CMC Microsystems is seeking a Member of Technical Staff, Microelectronics
(Full-time position working out of Sainte-Foy, Québec City)
Client focused, we provide access and engineering support to the world’s best manufacturing technologies for advanced microelectronic technologies. Reporting to the Team Leader, Microelectronics, the successful candidate is well-versed with CAD (computer-aided design) tools for Physical design, able to provide general user support for both layout and schematic designers, familiar with PDKs (process design kits) for CMOS technologies, their installation and design environment setup, DRC/LVS and Unix/Linux systems support/administration. Additionally, the candidate qualifies, and prepares client designs for fabrication, provides manufacturability and process-technology advice to researchers, and interfaces with foundries and packaging houses. If you have excellent interpersonal skills, passion, and an enthusiasm to work directly with clients, submit your cover letter and résumé via email to: Sue Publicover, HR Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with state-of-the art ASIC design tools (Cadence/Synopsys/ Siemens EDA tool suite), including front-end/back-end design/simulation/verification software, such as, Cadence Virtuoso, Spectre, PVS, QRC, etc.; Synopsys digital suite, Hspice, Star-RCXT extraction, etc.; Siemens Calibre suite, LVS/DRC/PEX, etc. to support a robust and efficient design flow and environment.
- Proficient with Unix / Linux OS, utilities, and scripting.
- Programming / Scripting skills to improve operational productivity: Unix Shell, Perl, Python, Cadence SKILL, Tcl and others.
- Support PDK (Process Design Kit) installation and improve operational and user productivity.
- General user support; Communicate with clients on CAD tools and technology‐related matters, paying particular attention to client problems and opportunities (in areas of physical design and layout support).
- Communicate with clients on fabrication and technology‐related matters, paying particular attention to client problems and opportunities (in areas of design and verification tool requirements, and fabrication needs).
- Support the operation of fabrication service infrastructure and related design submission environment.
- Proactively assess effectiveness of design information handling systems, and modify or recommend improvements as necessary.
- Liaise directly with researchers and students on design rule check results with advice on fixes, perform manufacturability assessment of integrated circuits, assess and process designer special requests.
- Continuously align design signoff processes with foundry requirements and communicate requirements to clients.
- Prepare dicing and packaging specifications and create and maintain infrastructure for efficient transmission of these requirements between clients, CMC and packaging houses. Interface with integrated circuit packagers, to discuss general package support options, special requests, and responses to design‐specific problems.
- Contribute in general to CMC’s programs and provide design quality feedback that will assist other CMC design kit creators. Contribute material to CMC‐supplied design kits.
ADDITIONAL SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Proven skills or the ability to quickly learn the use of sophisticated CAD tools, most specifically Cadence, Mentor and Synopsys, and Linux workstations.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (both verbal and written in English), proficiency in French an asset.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and manage multiple priorities.
- An MSc. in Electrical or Computer Engineering or equivalent with knowledge of electronics and experience in ASIC design flows.