In collaboration with INO, CMC has developed a technique for laser assisted cleaving of SOI devices, and is offering this service to researchers at subsidized prices.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a quote.
Get Support and Access this Service
For engineering support questions and to request access, please e-mail email@example.com.
- The estimated turnaround time for this service is four to six weeks.
- Processing takes place at INO.
- Laser is used to trigger the location of cleaving.
- The cleaving is done with an accuracy of +/-15 µm.
- The technique provides good facet quality for end-fire coupling.
- Thin Silicon layers are accepted (up to 5 µm).
- For chip dimensions, see Guidelines for Laser Assisted Cleaving.
- We recommend alignment marks on chips to indicate where the cleaving is needed.
- Intended for use with Silicon photonics and other Silicon-based chips
- Cleaving along vertical plane of the waveguide
- Singulation of specific area of a chip