A bundle of design tools and technologies to accelerate your design of innovative products.
CAD and Simulation Tools
- Start-ups can access all of the tools listed below.
- Users will be notified and given access to new software as it becomes available.
- Let us know if there are other tools you are interested in.
- Support includes training courses (charges apply), webinars, documentation, and IT support from CMC staff with a maximum 2 business day response time.
R&D, Prototyping and Testing Services
- Up to 10 engineering hours from CMC staff to help you with your business. Areas of engineering expertise include microelectronics, photonics, MEMS, microfluidics, embedded systems, and more.
- Access to hardware and software for Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning applications:
- Includes initial CPU or GPU compute hours, depending on the node.
- Access to nanofabrication labs for customized or advanced fabrication technologies, allowing you to build research networks with academic institutions, and disseminate information across Canada.
- Access to a wide range of development, test, and measurement systems for short term needs.
- State-of-the-art fab processing in microelectronics, silicon photonics, and micro-electromechanical systems (MEMS). See the fabrication technology page for details.
- Low cost fabrication is available through Multi-Project Wafer runs for prototyping/low volume activity.
- Assistance in packaging and testing your devices is available.
- Separate charges apply for fabrication cost, assembly, and testing services.
Some services, such as additional CAD licenses, fabrication, and R&D services may have additional costs.
250 CNDN start-ups over 25 years
CMC simplifies access to advanced technologies for researchers, start-ups and SMEs. In the past 25 years researchers have reported 250 spinoff companies of which more than half are still Canadian controlled and active. The 10-year survival rate for CMC enabled start-ups is 78 percent, far better than the typical rate of about 45 percent.