A bundle of design tools and technologies to accelerate your design of innovative products.
Computer Aided Design (CAD) and Simulation Tools
- Start-ups can access all of the tools listed below.
- Users will be notified and given access to new software as it becomes available.
- Let us know if there are other tools you are interested in.
- Support includes training courses (charges apply), webinars, documentation, and IT support from CMC staff with a maximum 2 business day response time.
- State-of-the-art fab processing in microelectronics, silicon photonics, and micro-electromechanical systems (MEMS). See the fabrication technology page for details.
- Low cost fabrication is available through Multi-Project Wafer runs for prototyping/low volume activity.
- Assistance in packaging and testing your devices is available.
- Separate charges apply for fabrication cost, assembly, and testing services.
R&D, Prototyping and Testing Services
- Up to 10 engineering hours from CMC staff to help you with your business. Areas of engineering expertise include microelectronics, photonics, MEMS, microfluidics, embedded systems, and more.
- Access to hardware and software for Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning applications: CAD compute cluster and FPGA/GPU cluster. Includes initial CPU or GPU compute hours, depending on the node.
- Access to nanofabrication labs for customized or advanced fabrication technologies, allowing you to build research networks with academic institutions, and disseminate information across Canada.
- Access to a wide range of development, test, and measurement systems for short term needs.
How to Apply
Annual Fee: $2000 CAD
As noted, some services, such as additional CAD licenses, fabrication, and R&D services may have additional costs.
*Software users must agree to service usage agreement; additional user agreements may be requested by software vendors.