A bundle of design tools and technologies to accelerate your design of innovative products.
CAD and Simulation Tools
- Start-ups can access all of the tools listed below.
- Users will be notified and given access to new software as it becomes available.
- Let us know if there are other tools you are interested in.
- Support includes training courses (charges apply), webinars, documentation, and IT support from CMC staff with a maximum 2 business day response time.
R&D, Prototyping and Testing Services
- Up to 10 engineering hours from CMC staff to help you with your business. Areas of engineering expertise include microelectronics, photonics, MEMS, microfluidics, embedded systems, and more.
- Access to hardware and software for Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning applications:
- Includes initial CPU or GPU compute hours, depending on the node.
- Access to nanofabrication labs for customized or advanced fabrication technologies, allowing you to build research networks with academic institutions, and disseminate information across Canada.
- Access to a wide range of development, test, and measurement systems for short term needs.
- State-of-the-art fab processing in microelectronics, silicon photonics, and micro-electromechanical systems (MEMS). See the fabrication technology page for details.
- Low cost fabrication is available through Multi-Project Wafer runs for prototyping/low volume activity.
- Assistance in packaging and testing your devices is available.
- Separate charges apply for fabrication cost, assembly, and testing services.
Some services, such as additional CAD licenses, fabrication, and R&D services may have additional costs.
250 CNDN start-ups over 25 years
CMC simplifies access to advanced technologies for researchers at universities and SMEs. In the past 25 years our academic clients have reported 250 spinoff companies of which half are still Canadian controlled and active. The 5 year survival rate for CMC enabled start-ups is 95 percent, far better than the typical rate of about 20 percent. This year over a dozen private companies have joined CMC’s VIE virtual incubator program for access to software tools and state-of-the-art fabrication.
View 2021 Start-Up Report