If you have already applied and your application has been accepted, then you can proceed as planned.
The MNT Award supports custom microfabrication projects at open-access facilities accross Canada.
- Graduate student or post-doctoral fellow at a Canadian University and registered with CMC (including all members listed on the application).
- The applicant’s faculty supervisor must hold a subscription at the time of the award.
One may apply for an award prior to subscription.
- Has no outstanding fabrication or test reports with CMC.
Applications are reviewed monthly.
- Submission Deadline: 10th of the month by 4:00 pm ET. Exception: one week earlier in December.
- Notification of Decision: End of the month.
- Duration: 4 months from the date of notification for the MNT Award.
- Fabrication Report Deadline: Within 3 months after completing fabrication/training
- Eligible costs: costs for mask fabrication, user access, and machine usage; reasonable costs for consumables associated with the project and invoiced by the lab.
- Ineligible costs: accessories (e.g. tweezers, sample holders), consumable materials (e.g. wafers, chemicals) not invoiced by the MNT lab (e.g., from third-party vendors).
- Those who hold NSERC Engage/ Alliance grants are eligible for an automatic award with a letter of support and documentation from the industry research partner.
- The award is only for microfabrication conducted by the applicant team at user-access facilities at Canadian universities (see map below).
- Travel Subsidy, refer to CMC travel procedures for details and eligible expenses.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a travel expense claim form.
- The award is non-transferable and must be used only by the awardee and for the project proposed in the application. Ensure you have submitted any outstanding fabrication or test reports.
- Acknowledge CMC in any related publications.
- Refer to process flow as an example for completing the MNT application
- Award funds will be paid by a cheque to the subscriber. For details refer award payment details.
- Expanded coverage and scope to non-traditional branches and fields, example in nanomaterials, nanomedicine and biomaterials.