RISC-V is a free, open instruction set architecture, (ISA) that enables processor innovation through open standard collaboration. The RISC-V ISA provides the research community with an opportunity for innovation in new system products, particularly for machine learning and edge computing.
CMC helps realize RISC-V designs by offering:
- Silicon-proven design platforms based on OpenHW Group CORE-V family of open-source cores
- CAD tools and flows for virtual system prototyping and ASIP design, physical implementation, PCB design, and software development
- Industry-standard tools from Cadence Design Systems, Synopsys, and Mentor Graphics
- CMC Cloud access, pre-configured to ensure quick and easy desktop use
- FPGA platforms for system emulation and validation, early software bring-up and debug
- Available on-site, through short-term rental or via CMC cloud access
- Design kits for fabrication in commercial technologies from 350nm down to 22nm
- Including digital cells, memory, and I/O blocks
- Multi-project wafer services for fabrication
- Packaging and assembly services
- Access to test equipment
Lowering barriers to technology adoption
CMC helps researchers and industry design and develop innovations in microsystems and nanotechnologies.
About OpenHW Group
OpenHW Group is a not-for-profit, global organization driven by its members and individual contributors where hardware and software designers collaborate in the development of open-source cores, related IP, tools and software. OpenHW provides an infrastructure for hosting high quality open-source HW developments in line with industry best practices.