The Agilent 81960A is a tunable C- and L-band compact tunable laser source, capable of fast bi-directional wavelength sweeping from to 1505 to 1630 nm. The laser has a rated output power of +6 to +14 dBm. It is configured with an angled polarization-maintaining fiber interface, and housed in an Agilent 8136B mainframe.
Agilent 81960A Tunable Laser and Mainframe
- Tuning range 1505 to 1630 nm
- +14 dBm peak power
- 200 nm/s maximum scan speed
- Keyed angled PM fibre interface
Typical applications for this instrument include:
- Test of optical transceivers for telecommunications applications, requiring single mode, high power, high side mode suppression ratio sources in the ~1550 nm range.
- Optical sensors, where narrow linewidth is required in order to efficiently couple light into high finesse ring resonators
- Applications requiring high wavelength sweep speed and data acquisition rates