ANSYS Mechanical is a premium FEA analysis tool, part of the ANSYS multiphysics analysis suite. This workshop will cover the knowledge and skills necessary to efficiently solve complex FEA problems, both locally and using cluster resources.
- Introduction to Mechanical HPC, solvers, and licenses
- Computer platform recommendations (CPU models & features, RAM quantity, memory bandwidth, storage, networking)
- Hardware recommendations for users (solver and preprocessor)
- Performance diagnostic information from reading solver logs
- Simulation best practices for performance and scalability
- Sizing resource request for your model
- Intro to clusters and Job Schedulers
- Workflow recommendations based on analysis type
- Demos / Workshops
- Job submission techniques
- Multi-step simulation (3D Printing)
- Improving performance and scalability of contacts
Users of ANSYS Mechanical for complex simulations and those who support users of HPC resources.
|March 1, 2021||1:00 pm to 3:00 pm EST||Online web seminar with Q&A|
Pricing and Registration
|Academic with Subscription||$50|| |
The training will use the attendees’ laptops and an internet connection and access instructions will be provided just prior to the course start date.
Demos / Workshops will not require access to HPC resources and will be presented as time-accelerated demos for presentation efficiency, but with files to perform as workshop later.
If you have any comments or questions regarding the course content or registration, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Course cancellations must be received in writing at least one (1) week before the beginning date of the course in question to receive a full refund of the registration fee. A cancellation made after the deadline will not receive a refund. CMC Microsystems makes no commitments on refunds for travel or accommodations.
Note: Registration closes three (3) days before the start date.