CMC is hosting a four-day online training course on CoventorMP and MEMS+. This training has 4 sessions (2 dedicated to CoventorWare and 2 to MEMS+) of 3 hours each, plus homework to complete before the next training session. These training sessions are scheduled for a range of time zones and are scheduled over 2 weeks to better serve our CNDN community. This course targets MEMS designers and aims to teach how to use CoventorMP and MEMS+ using a MEMS SiGe accelerometer. After this course, the attendees will be able to use CoventorWare to create a meshed model of a sensor and to use it to run electromechanical simulations. In addition, attendees will be able to use MEMS+ to create a fully parameterized model to run multi-physics simulations (mechanic, electrostatic, fluidic) at transducer, system, or ASIC level.
What You will Learn
- How to use CoventorWare: various editors (database, process, and layout).
- How to properly set up and mesh a model.
- How to run mechanical, electrostatic, and coupled physics analysis.
- How to use MEMS+: the various plugins, the various panes of each plugins, the application inputs, and outputs (plugin file extensions, GDS, export to FEA, and more),
- How to assemble a MEMS design in MEMS+ with educated choices of components and models from the MEMS+ Component Library,
- How to run basic and advanced simulations within MEMS+ and/or third-party tools (MathWorks and Cadence).
The prime target attendees are MEMS designers and those who are interested in providing training and support for CoventorMP and MEMS+ to other users in their research group or institute.
- Knowledge of inertial MEMS sensors and basics of Finite Element Analysis.
- You are a faculty, student, or research staff from a Canadian academic institution.
- You or your supervisor has a subscription with CMC.
- You are a licensed Coventor user through CMC and have an account at Coventor’s Customer Portal for software download.
- You have Cadence and MATLAB installed on your computer as they are mandatory to complete all sections of the MEMS+ part of the training.
- You have a computer and internet connection for the online course.
|May 17, 21, 24 and 28, 2021||12:00 pm to 3:00 pm (EDT)||Online (Microsoft Teams)||See the course details.|
Pricing and Registration
Registration is open to academics and industrial participation.
Please follow the system requirements for Coventor Products.
|Joan Asselot||CoventorMP and MEMS+ Training||Corporate Application Engineer at Lam Research.|
If you have any comments or questions regarding the course content or registration, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Course cancellations must be received in writing at least one (1) week before the beginning date of the course in question to receive a full refund of the registration fee. A cancellation made after the deadline will not receive a refund. CMC Microsystems makes no commitments on refunds for travel or accommodations.