The NI RF PXI-express system, available from the CMC Equipment Rental Program, is an 18-slot PXI-express chassis with high-speed controller (Intel quad core, 4 G memory and Dual OS), 6.6 GHz RF Vector Signal Generator, 26GHz GHz RF Vector Signal Analyzer, Source Measurement Unit, 1.5GHz Oscilloscope, 6.6GHz Vector Signal Generator. This system is an integrated, modular instrument with LabVIEW-based simulation/test environment which enables faster RF test and validation setup and experimental results.
National Instruments RF PXIe System Including a 26-GHz VSA
- 18-slot PXI-express chassis
- NI PXIe-5668: 26 GHz RF Vector Signal Analyzer (VSA)
- 6.6 GHz RF Vector Signal Generator (VSG)
- NI PXIe-4137: Source Measurement Unit
- NI PXIe-5162: 1.5 GHz Oscilloscope
- LabView Development Suite
Upon request, CMC can supply active probes for the included PXIe-5162 Oscilloscope. NI Probe Model SA2500X, datasheet:
3.5mm precision SMA cables,
monitor and DVI-D cable to connect the monitor to the PXIe controller.
- NI Controller Card PXIe-8133 with Microsoft Windows 7 Pro SP1 and LabView installed.
- NI PXIe-5673E with 512 MB RAM:
The NI PXIe-5673E is a wide-bandwidth 6.6 GHz RF vector signal generator. Combined with the appropriate software, it can generate a variety of signals. With the NI Modulation Toolkit for LabVIEW, it can generate different waveforms including AM, FM, CPM, ASK, FSK, MSK, PSK, QAM (4, 16, 64, and 256), multitone signals, arbitrary waveforms, and many others. See more product details.
- NI PXIe-5668 VSA, part# 783124-03.The NI Vector Signal Analyzer (VSA) is capable of capturing the widest instantaneous bandwidth available in a PXI format at 765 MHz, which makes it ideal for analyzing wideband applications such as 802.11. With a frequency range from 20 Hz to 26.5 GHz, this analyzer can be used to capture high-frequency waveforms.
- 765 MHz Instantaneous Bandwidth
- 20 to 26.5 GHz frequency range
- Third-order intercept of 25 dBm
- PXIe-5624R, CCA, IF Digitizer
- PXIe-5606 Pre-Amp, 26.5GHz VSA
- PXIe-5653, Module Assembly (NEL OCXO)
- NI PXIe-4137. The NI Source Measurement Unit (SMU) has a wide voltage range of +/-200 V, which makes it ideal for working with MEMs and microfluidics applications. Over thirty properties such as current range, voltage range, and DC output mode, can be set and executed as a timed sequence in hardware without incurring software overhead and jitter. Because it is a PXI card, it can share event triggers and data with other PXI cards as part of creating a microsystems benchtop test and development system.
- -200 V to +200 V range
- -1 A to +1 A continuous, up to 3 A range pulsing
- 100 fA current sensitivity
- Overvoltage protection
- NI PXIe-5162.The NI Scope offers microsystems researchers an enhancement to existing PXIe chassis systems (such as the ‘MIP’) by providing them with a wider bandwidth scope than previously offered. This scope features a 1.5 GHz bandwidth, sampled at 5 GS/s, in a PXIe format. With 4 input channels and active probes, this part is an ideal upgrade to researchers.
- 10-bit resolution and up to 7.1 Effective number of bits
- 4-channel input
- LabVIEW integration for virtual instrumentation
- PXIe-5652 RF Signal Generator
- PXIe-5450 I/Q Generator
- PXIe-5611 I/Q Vector Modulator
- RF chip for high-speed wireless communication
- Indoor location positioning using RFID
- MEMS antenna and filter, Nano RF devices for wireless and biomedical application
- Characterize RF chips
- Analysis of wideband communications protocols such as WiFi