CADpass is a utility provided by CMC Microsystems that provides authorized CMC clients with access to state-of-the-art microsystems design tools and services. It consists of a secure connector (AppGate) that is installed on the client workstation and acts as an encrypted gateway, which allows controlled access to CMC license servers.
CADpass AppGate connector is installed on your Linux system and can be configured to automatically connect for access to CAD tool services and licenses.
- Institutional, Researcher, or Classroom subscription to CMC Microsystems: https://www.cmc.ca/subscriptions/
- Outbound access to the internet for port 443
- Valid CMC Microsystems client credentials (Username and Password)
Installing the CADpass AppGate Connector
- Download the CADpass AppGate connector Linux install kit (approximately 80 MB) from https://www.cmc.ca/cadpass/.
- Install the CADpass AppGate connector:
- Open a terminal window and navigate to the directory where the downloaded .rpm file is located.
- Install the package:
$ sudo yum install \
$ sudo yum install appgate-sdp-x.x.x-el7.x86_64.rpm
- When the installation has completed, in the main menu search for AppGate SDP to execute the client, as shown in Figure 1.
Figure 1: The AppGate SDP
Configuring the CADpass AppGate Connector
Figure 2: Privacy Notice
If the Client application doesn’t start automatically, launch the AppGate SDP app.
- Click Approve.
- Create a profile by clicking Use Profile Link, as shown in Figure 3.
Figure 3: Create a User Profile
- To complete the configuration, copy the actual URL of this Profile Link and paste the link into the Link field, as shown in Figure 4.
Figure 4: Profile Link Field
Connecting to CMC License Services
After your profile has been created, you can connect to CMC License services.
- On the Profile Created screen, click Connect to Appgate, as shown in Figure 5.
Figure 5: Profile Created Screen
- Sign in with your CMC Microsystems Username and Password.
- If you want to always be connected, check the Keep me signed in option, as shown in Figure 6.
Figure 6: Sign In Screen
You should now be connected to the CMC LMS (License Management Services), as shown in Figure 7.
Figure 7: Connected to the CMC LMS
You can now set up your CAD tools. Refer to the CMC Quickstart guides for details.
Removing the CADpass AppGate Connector
To remove CADpass AppGate Connector, in a terminal window enter:
$ sudo yum remove appgate-xxx
See the list of CAD tool quick start guides.