- The standard subscription duration is 12 months.
- In the event of circumstances beyond CMC’s control, e.g., funding changes, CMC reserves the right to adjust the subscription duration at any time.
- Renewals are valid from the later of the expiry date of the original subscription or the purchase date of a new subscription.
- Subscriptions cannot be transferred to another professor.
- Subscriptions can be maintained by a professor moving to an academic appointment at another CMC Member University.
- The products and services available through subscription are intended to enable research, development, and innovation in microsystems and nanotechnologies.
- For each professor, the subscription covers any of his/her supervised students, post-doctoral fellows and research assistants who have an account with CMC.
- Subscriptions will allow for use of products for training, including use by students who are not supervised graduate students of the subscription holder.
- Subscriptions can only be purchased by professors with academic appointments at Canadian post-secondary institutions.
Return, Cancellation, and Refund Policy
- You may cancel your subscription within 30 days of purchase with a full refund, provided you have not used and/or accessed a product or service during this period (unless the use of a product is permitted by CMC on a trial basis).
- Certain products and/or services available through your subscription are subject to third party usage terms and conditions and may require approval by such third party(ies). If your institution is a Member of CMC, general usage terms and conditions are described in the agreements signed by your institution. Additional usage terms and conditions may be described on our website.
- Your use of these products and services constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Individuals purchasing a subscription are invoiced at the time of purchase.
- You may pay for your subscription by credit card, purchase order or PayPal.
Transaction Charges and Access Periods
- Items available via subscription may be subject to additional transaction charges.
- Ongoing access to certain products and services is contingent upon a current subscription being in place.
- It is CMC’s policy to control the collection, use and disclosure of personal information in accordance with the requirements set out in the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act, S.C. 2000, c. 5. CMC will comply with the principles of its https://www.cmc.ca/privacy-policy/unless exempted by the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act.
- From time to time CMC may advertise subscription specials. CMC determines the terms and conditions of these offers in its sole discretion.