Selecting a Username
To obtain a license, you must first register your computer username on the machine you are using. To be accepted as valid, your computer username must:
- Be unique within the CMC system,
- Not contain a blank space, and
- Not be on the following list: admin; administrator; cmcmgr; guest; owner; root; student; super; sysadm; systems; temp; user.
Registering the Username
To register your computer username, you need only:
- Quick Start Guide: CADpass R20 for Windows
- Quick Start Guide: CADpass R20 for Linux
- You will not receive an error message if your computer name is not valid. However, you can confirm that it has been registered by logging in to CADpass. The CADinfo window will pop open when you log in. Selecting usernames will allow you to see all of your registered computer usernames. If the computer username for the machine you are using is not listed, then refer to the troubleshooting tips at Computer Username Issues.
For additional information, see What if I Can’t Get a License?