The main webpage for CMC’s CAD Compute Cluster is here: https://www.cmc.ca/cad-compute-cluster/.
Step-by-step instructions for logging into and using the Cluster are outlined in Getting Started with CMC CAD Compute Cluster.
CMC recommends using a secure file transfer (SFTP) client for transferring your files to the Cluster, or using Secure Copy Protocol (SCP) from within a VCAD environment.
FileZilla, a secure File Transfer protocol (SFTP) client, is freely distributed, and may be downloaded here:
- In Filezilla, under the menu path File | Site Manager, open the FileZilla Site Manager.
- In this Site Manager GUI, enter your Host address (uwhpc.cmc.ca); your Port number from your reservation; set SFTP as your Protocol; and your CMC user name and password as shown in Figure 1.
- Click Connect.
The program may return a dialog that tells you that the host key for this server is not recognized.
- Accept the key if you want to continue. Open a support case with CMC if you want help with this connection.
Note that the port value shown here (41948) will be different than the one given to you when you make a VCAD reservation for yourself.
Figure 2: An Unknown Host Key Dialogue May Open When First Connecting to the CAD Compute Cluster
When you have logged into the Cluster, you will be in your assigned home directory under the /home/ path on a Cluster login node.
- To send or retrieve a simulation project in FileZilla, make a Manual transfer request from the Transfer | Manual transfer… pull-down menu, as shown in Figure 3.
Figure 3: To Upload or Download a File from the CAD Compute Cluster, make a Manual transfer request
- To complete the transfer, check the Start transfer immediately box and then click OK.
Downloading a File from CMC’s CAD Compute Cluster
To retrieve a project or file after a simulation has completed, use the Download option in the Manual transfer user interface.
Other Ways to Upload a File to CMC’s CAD Compute Cluster
It is possible to set up an SFTP connection using a MobaXterm client. If you are using a CMC CAD Compute Cluster instance to log into the Cluster, then you can add an SFTP connection to your client. See: Getting Started with CMC CAD Compute Cluster.