Synopsys provides a comprehensive portfolio of Technology CAD tools. Technology Computer-Aided Design (TCAD) refers to the use of computer simulations to develop and optimise micro- and nanotechnology processing steps and the resulting devices. These TCAD tools support a broad range of applications, such as CMOS, power electronics, memory, image sensors, solar cells, and analog/RF devices. In addition, Synopsys TCAD software includes tools for interconnect modeling and parasitic extraction. There are five inter-related modules available in this portfolio:
- Sentaurus Workbench, Device, Device EMW, Process, Structure and Mesh;
- IC Workbench, a layout file viewer/editor complementary to Sentaurus;
- Raphael, for 2D/3D resistance, capacitance and inductance parasitic extraction;
- Taurus Medici, a 2D device simulator of electrical, thermal and optical properties; and
- Taurus TSUPREM-4, a simulator for developing 1D and 2D semiconductor processes.
For more information about this software, see https://www.synopsys.com/silicon/tcad.html.