This four-part online course uses lectures and hands-on exercises for task-based training in XperiDesk Suite. Students will learn a methodological approach to build and develop microfabrication process engineering using a case study example of a silicon interposer.
XperiDesk Suite is a design execution system for fabrication processes at university-based micro-nanotechnology (MNT) facilities across Canada. This design environment captures process data to streamline micro-nanotechnology research and development. Leverage verified processes to focus on your own customization and innovation using the tool.
Process engineering using XperiDesk follows industry best practices to guide the engineer from idea to product. Learn more about XperiDesk.
By the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Design abstract process flows.
- Identify key considerations of selecting specialized process steps to specify an abstract process flow (e.g., pre-existing topography).
- Understand the utility of simulators (e.g., MEMS Pro) to visually communicate design intent and to predict process success.
- Transfer process flows into lab tracking.
- Set up Design of Experiments for lab tracking.
- Execute, track, and trace experimental lab work.
- Import and retrieve (manually & automatic) experiment data and assess.
The prime target attendees are those who perform microfabrication in cleanroom facilities with the target of developing fabrication processes with optimized time and cost.
- Set up a user account for online access via CMC to the XperiDesk Training System (allow one week for the set up of new accounts).
- Complete self-paced introductory training. Registrants must qualify through XperiDesk Basics training before attending this training course. Training materials will be sent following registration.
|Nov. 17, 2022|
Nov. 21, 2022
Nov. 23, 2022
Nov. 25, 2022
|12:00 to 2:00 pm (EST)||Online|
Price and Registration
Registration will include a subscription for one year for online training material offered by CAMline, course materials, and attending the four sessions course. You will receive all materials once we receive your registration to start preparing for the course.
* Please contact Mohamed Basha before your registration.
The training will use the attendees’ laptops. It is recommended to use a Windows host PC with:
- at least an Intel® Core™ i7 quad-core processor (or equivalent),
- at least 8 GB of memory (16GB for recommended), and
- at least 300 GB of hard drive space, to facilitate all the downloads and the final installations.
Note: CADPass is required to access Xperidesk files for installations.
Please follow the Computer Setup Guide to set up your laptop prior to the course.
|Dr. Dirk Ortlof||Dr. Dirk Ortloff has been a graduate computer scientist since 1995 and later received his doctorate parallel to his work on developing methods and knowledge management in micromechanics. His current focus is on improving innovation management through methods, techniques and tools in several high-tech industries. After excursions into the areas of telecommunications (billing between network operators during liberalization) and truck tolls (development manager for central systems and overall system architect Toll Collect), he returned to semiconductor-related industries in 2002. Process Relations, a software company for tools for research optimization, was founded by him as a spin-off of his and other doctoral theses and was taken over by camLine at the beginning of 2014. At camLine, he started to work as a product manager for XperiDesk and consultant, was promoted to department manager in January 2017 and got additional product departments (Data analytics products and Consulting group) and the company R&D to manage. In January 2019, he was promoted to director with additional responsibilities, e.g., worldwide marketing.|
If you have any comments or questions regarding the course content or registration, please contact email@example.com.
Course cancellations must be received in writing at least one (1) week before the beginning date of the course in question to receive a full refund of the registration fee. A cancellation made after the deadline will not receive a refund. CMC Microsystems makes no commitments on refunds for travel or accommodations.