Teledyne Micralyne Micralyne MicraGEM-Si™ MEMS Process
Micralyne MicraGEM-SiTM is a silicon-on-insulator (SOI) based MEMS process which will reduce the initial cost and risk of prototype development, while speeding the time to market for MEMS- Based devices.
MicraGEM-SiTM is ideally suited for the manufacture of tilting mirrors and mirror arrays for variable optical attenuators (VOA) and wavelength selective switch (WSS) modules, commonly used in fiber optic telecom networks as well as resonators, inertial and bio sensors.
MicraGEM-SiTM is being offered as Multi-Project-Wafer (MPW) service through CMC Microsystems and is available for both academic and industrial R&D. Together, CMC and Micralyne offer a seamless path from MPW design confirmation to volume manufacturing.
Note: The expected number of chips to be delivered for this technology is 15.
- Two thick SOI structure layers with up to three functional levels of silicon thickness option. This enables structures such as vertical comb-drive actuators.
- Base and top device layers are electrically connected through the bond interface, allowing 3D routing of electrical signals.
- Patterned low-stress gold metallization on the top surface is suited for highly reflective mirrors and contact pads for gold wire bonding.
- Available in sizes 4 mm x 4 mm, 4 mm x 8 mm, and 8 mm x 8 mm
- SOI MEMS
- Two structure layers
- Three trench depths
- Display technology
- Optics and telecommunications
- Inertial sensing
- Biomedical and environmental sensing
- Design kits
- Documentation including design handbooks
- Data sheets can be ordered from http://www.micralyne.com/data-sheets/
- Design rule checking services
- CMC engineering support
- Access community-based support and collaborations
- Design consultation*
- Packaging & assembly services*
* Additional charges apply.