Note: For information about using CADpass on Linux platforms, see the CADpass Client quick start guide for Linux.
CADpass is a utility provided by CMC Microsystems that creates a secure connection between client PC’s, workstations, and computer sessions, and the CMC managed NDN infrastructure.
Installing CADpass Client
- Download the CADpass ClientWindows install kit from https://www.cmc.ca/cadpass/.
- Launch the installer file CADpassClient.exe and click Install, as shown in Figure 1.
Figure 1: Launching the Installer File
- Run the program by clicking the Run button, as shown in Figure 2.
Figure 2: Running the Program
The Welcome screen is displayed, as shown in Figure 3.
Figure 3: The Welcome Screen
- To create your profile and sign in to CADpass Appgate connector, on the Welcome screen, click Step 1.
The Create New Profile dialog is displayed, as shown in Figure 4.
Figure 4: Create New Profile Dialog
- Click Create New Profile.
- In the My Identity dialog, enter your CMC Microsystems Username and Password, as shown in Figure 5.
Figure 5: My Identity Dialog
- Click Connect.
The AppGate dialog is displayed, as shown in Figure 6.
Figure 6: AppGate Dialog
- On the Welcome screen, click Step 3 and choose the CAD licenses that you are going to use, as shown in Figure 7.
Figure 7: Choosing the CAD Licenses
- In the left navigation pane, click Welcome.
You can now run or install your CMC provided CAD tools.
You should see a message in the bottom-left corner that you are connected to the CMC License Services, as shown in Figure 8.
Figure 8: CMC License Services Connected
The CADpass Client does not need to be running once you have completed the configuration steps above, however the CADpass connector (AppGate) must be signed whenever you are going to be using the CAD tools. You can check the status in the system tray by clicking on the AppGate icon, as shown in Figure 11.
Figure 11: AppGate Icon
In the AppGate status window, you must have a solid line from you to CMCA, as shown in Figure 12.
Figure 12: CMCA Connected