GLOBALFOUNDRIES Silicon Photonics 9WG
The GLOBALFOUNDRIES (GF) silicon photonics (SiPh) foundry portfolio is designed to help you deliver more data faster, farther and more efficiently than traditional CMOS technologies. 9WG is an industry-first SiPh foundry solution. Built on a 90 nm SOI platform, the offering enables you to leverage high-volume manufacturing along with advanced processing and controls that utilize proven CMOS manufacturing methodologies and infrastructure.
CMC Microsystems offers access to GLOBALFOUNDRIES technologies via its cost-shared multi-project wafer runs.
- Monolithic integration of 90 nm SOI CMOS library with a broad photonic device library
- Starting SOI substrate: 2 µm BOX, 170 nm SOI for CMOS and photonic devices
- Ge EPI integration coupled into SOI WG
- 48 mask levels. 40 mask levels with hybrid option (photonics only)
- 7 BEOL levels. 6 Cu, 1 AL.
- Far-BEOL V-groove integration for fibre attach
- SOI substrate
- Far-BEOL V-groove for fibre attach
The GF SiPh portfolio is optimized to help you take optical communications to the next level across a range of evolving and emerging applications:
- 5G backhaul/front haul (1310/1550 nm wavelength)
- Short reach, intra data center (1310 nm wavelength)
- Datacenter interconnect (1550 nm wavelength)
- Chip-to-chip interconnect (1310 nm wavelength)
- Metro telecom (1550 nm wavelength)
- Long haul telecom (1550 nm wavelength)
- Automotive (1310 nm wavelength)