The GlobalFoundries (GF) silicon photonics (SiPh) foundry portfolio is designed to help you deliver more data faster, farther and more efficiently than traditional CMOS technologies. 9WG is an industry-first SiPh foundry solution. Built on a 90 nm SOI platform, the offering enables you to leverage high-volume manufacturing along with advanced processing and controls that utilize proven CMOS manufacturing methodologies and infrastructure.
CMC Microsystems offers access to GlobalFoundries technologies via its cost-shared multi-project wafer runs.
- Monolithic integration of 90 nm SOI CMOS library with a broad photonic device library
- Starting SOI substrate: 2 µm BOX, 170 nm SOI for CMOS and photonic devices
- Ge EPI integration coupled into SOI WG
- 48 mask levels. 40 mask levels with hybrid option (photonics only)
- 7 BEOL levels. 6 Cu, 1 AL.
- Far-BEOL V-groove integration for fibre attach
The GF SiPh portfolio is optimized to help you take optical communications to the next level across a range of evolving and emerging applications:
- 5G backhaul/front haul (1310/1550 nm wavelength)
- Short reach, intra data center (1310 nm wavelength)
- Datacenter interconnect (1550 nm wavelength)
- Chip-to-chip interconnect (1310 nm wavelength)
- Metro telecom (1550 nm wavelength)
- Long haul telecom (1550 nm wavelength)
- Automotive (1310 nm wavelength)