- Noise figure measurement range: 0 to 30 dB
- Gain measurement range: -20 to +40 dB
- Frequency range: 10 to 1600 MHz
- 4 MHz bandwidth
- Noise figure and gain measurements
- Characterization of amplifiers
The Agilent 8970B makes noise figure measurements in the 0 to 30 dB range. Measured noise can be displayed as noise figure or equivalent input noise temperature. Excess Noise Ratio (ENR) data can be entered in data tables on the noise figure meter. The meter uses this information to correct for ENR vs. frequency variations. The 8970B can be used with Agilent 346 (CMC loans the Agilent 346B Solid State Noise Source separately) or 347 noise sources.