All technologies, hardware, and software available through CMC Microsystems are for ACADEMIC RESEARCH AND EDUCATION PURPOSES ONLY, unless other arrangements have been confirmed in writing with CMC Microsystems.
Guidelines for Use of Licensed Materials
A Professor Research Subscription is required to receive access to any Fabrication Design Kits or CAD Tool.
National Design Network Agreement: All universities that use CMC Microsystems’ services must sign this agreement.
1. Fabrication Technologies: (including related design environment and fabrication access)
- A university must sign a Technology Usage Agreement (TUA) with CMC Microsystems. Once these agreements are in place, undergraduates, graduates, and faculty can use this technology without having to sign individual Confidential Disclosure Agreements. CMC Microsystems will be requesting the names of students and/or faculty accessing this technology. If the university has not signed a TUA, a Confidential Disclosure Agreement is still required from each individual who wants to use these technologies.
- If you use these technologies, you are governed by the terms set out in the relevant license agreements (e.g., the TUA) and thereby agree to maintain in strict confidence the technology information (electronic and hardcopy) received from CMC Microsystems or any supplier. See the list of the universities that have signed a Technology Usage Agreement with CMC Microsystems.
- The STC Administrator at each university is responsible for retrieving design kits from CMC Microsystems and making them available to licensed users at the university.
- Design kits must be used on-site. Remote login is not allowed.
2. Software Licenses:
- All software licenses provided by CMC Microsystems are restricted and can be used for academic research and teaching purposes only. No commercial use is allowed.
- Remote login is tool dependent. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
- Users MUST NOT contact software vendors directly. All questions regarding licenses should be addressed to CMC Microsystems via the Request for Support webform.
- For more information regarding CAD tools, check the list of available CAD Tools.
CMC Microsystems provides first-line support for all technologies, kits, software, and hardware. Questions should be addressed to CMC Microsystems via the Online Support Form.
Please direct licensing questions to:
Although there are different agreements and licenses covering the various products available through CMC Microsystems, users must remember that:
All technologies, hardware, and software available through CMC Microsystems are for ACADEMIC RESEARCH AND EDUCATION PURPOSES ONLY unless other arrangements have been confirmed in writing with CMC Microsystems.
CMC Microsystems’ Protection of Intellectual Property: Policy and Procedures
**Warning about posting of proprietary information**
Depending on the supplier, each technology supported by CMC Microsystems may have unique licensing conditions.