Laser Induced Fluorescence (LIF) is an important analytical technique used in biochemistry. The technique may be used to detect the presence and assess the concentration of many biochemical materials which are selectively tagged with a fluorophore which emits visible radiation under suitable optical excitation. The LIF module offered by CMC consists of a microscope manufactured by Starlight Technical.
Starlight Laser Induced Fluorescence Red Module
- Low power deep red laser sources
- Optical filters defining window for spectral analysis
- Photomultiplier for detection of sample luminescence
- Viewing / alignment optics
- Dedicated controller with serial input/output ports
Optical analysis functionality for bio-medical microfluidic research applications