CADpass Client Secure Connection (will be referred to as CADpass Client or CADpass in this document) is a utility provided by CMC Microsystems that creates a secure connection between client PC’s, workstations, and computer sessions, and the CMC managed CNDN infrastructure.
This quick start guide provides instructions for installing Luceda IPKISS.eda on a Windows system using CMC Microsystems’ CADpass (R20) to access shared licenses on the CMC License Management System (LMS).
You must meet the following criteria before installing IPKISS.eda:
- Students must register with CMC at https://account.cmc.ca/MyAccount/MyAccount.aspx
- Faculty supervisors can subscribe through the CMC subscription page at https://www.cmc.ca/subscriptions/
- You must have administrator rights for the computer on which you are installing this software
- You must have a unique login name (LINUX or Windows) that does not contain a blank space. The following are examples of unacceptable login names: admin or administrator, root, super, sysadmin, user, owner, student, guest, temp, and system.
- Recommend Hardware: At least 2 GB of RAM is recommended, 10 GB of disk space
- Software Requirements: OS requirements are 64-bit version of Windows 10, 8.1, 7
Setting up CADpass Client for Use with IPKISS.eda
CADpass Client is a CMC Microsystems’ license access client and is used by subscribers across Canada to connect to our secure license server(s).
- Follow the instructions in the quick start guide to download and install CADpass Client.
- Start CADpass Client and then log in using your CMC Microsystems Username and Password.
- When the CAD access window appears, double-click Luceda.
A red checkmark appears next to the entry, as shown in Figure 1. Leave this checked while you are using the software.
Figure 1: The Luceda Tool Selection in CADpass Client
Obtaining the Software
Download the Luceda IPKISS.eda software from: https://account.cmc.ca/WhatWeOffer/Products/CMC-00200-05574.aspx
The downloaded package is ipkiss-installer-3.1.2.exe.
This guide uses version IPKISS.EDA.3.1.2. Other versions of the software will have a similar installation process.
Installing the Software
To install the tool:
- Double-click the file ipkiss-installer-3.1.2.exe.
The screen Welcome to the IPKISS Setup Wizard is displayed.
- To begin installing the tool, click Next, as shown in Figure 2.
Figure 2: Begin Installing the Tool
- Accept the License Agreement and click Next, as shown in Figure 3.
Figure 3: Accept the License Agreement
The screen Select Destination Location is displayed.
- Select the installation location and click Next, as shown in Figure 4.
Figure 4: Confirm or Select the Installation Location
- Click the checkbox to Create a desktop icon, and click Next, as shown in Figure 5.
Figure 5: Create a Desktop Icon
The screen Ready to Install is displayed.
- Click Install, as shown in Figure 6.
Figure 6: Start the Installation
The IPKISS.eda tool begins to install, as shown in Figure 7.
Figure 7: Installation in Progress
During the installation, a pop-up window displays the progress of the packages being installed, as shown in Figure 8.
Figure 8: Installing the Packages
- After the installation is complete, you can click the checkbox to Start Luceda control center and then click Finish, as shown in Figure 9.
Figure 9: Finish the Installation
The Luceda Control Center 3.1.2 should be running, as shown in Figure 10.
Figure 10: Luceda Control Center 3.1.2
Note: If you do not select Start Luceda control center, as shown in Figure 9, then, if you created the desktop icon, you can click the Luceda tool desktop icon to invoke the tool after the installation is finished.
- In Luceda Control Center 3.1.2, click the tab Product Licence, located at the bottom of the window.
- Wait or click Refresh until the Valid column displays License OK in the top 5 fields, as shown in Figure 11.
Figure 11: Check Valid License
- In Luceda Control Center 3.1.2, click the tab Start located at the bottom of the window, as shown in Figure 10.
You can now start using the tool.