CADpass client secure connection (will be referred to as CADpass client or CADpass in this document) is a utility provided by CMC Microsystems that creates a secure connection between client PC’s, workstations, and computer sessions, and the CMC managed infrastructure.
This quick start guide provides instructions for installing Synopsys QuantumATK software on Microsoft Windows using CMC Microsystems’ CADpass client to access shared licenses on the CMC License Management System (LMS). The procedure has been proven on a Windows 10, 64-bit system. Synopsys offers QuantumATK software for both Linux and Windows operating systems.
The QuantumATK package includes:
- Nanolab (feature list is here)
- Links to online manuals
- Links to online tutorials
Prerequisites for Installing QuantumATK with CMC License Manager System (LMS)
You must meet the following criteria before installing QuantumATK:
- Register with CMC Microsystems at https://account.cmc.ca/MyAccount/MyAccount.aspx
- Have your faculty supervisor open an account through the CMC subscription page at https://www.cmc.ca/subscriptions/
- You must have administrator rights for the computer on which you are installing this software
- You must have a unique login name (Linux or Windows) that does not contain a blank space. A username such as “charlie brown” is unacceptable, while user names such as “charlie.brown” or “charlie_brown” would be fine. The following are examples of unacceptable login names: admin or administrator, cmcmgr, root, stcmgr, super, sysadm, user, owner, student, guest, temp, and system.
The software requirements can be found here: software requirements.
The hardware requirements recommended by Synopsys support staff can be found here: hardware requirements.
Setting up CADpass client for use with Synopsys QuantumATK
CADpass client is a CMC Microsystems’ license access client and is used by subscribers across Canada to connect to our secure license server(s).
- Follow the instructions in the quick start guide to download and install CADpass client.
- Start CADpass client and then log in using your CMC Microsystems Username and Password.
- When the CAD access window appears, double-click Synopsys.
A red checkmark appears next to the entry, as shown in Figure 1. Leave this checked while you are using the software.
Figure 1: The Synopsys Selection in CADpass client
Obtaining the Software
The QuantumATK installer file is available from the CMC Microsystems’ website: https://www.cmc.ca/tools/
Installing the Software
- Download the installer file from the CMC Microsystems’ website to a convenient temporary location on your computer.
- Click the downloaded file and launch the installer.
The QuantumATK Setup window is displayed, as shown in Figure 2.
Figure 2: QuantumATK Setup Window
- Click Next. The Site Information dialog is displayed, as shown in Figure 3. If you know your university’s Site I.D., you can enter it here. A five-digit string will work as a placeholder.
Figure 3: The Site Information dialog opens
- Click Next. The License Agreement dialog is displayed.
- Read the terms of the Synopsys End-User Software License and Maintenance Agreement carefully, and click I accept the agreement when you have reviewed the terms and you want to proceed. If you are unsure of your obligations under this agreement, contact email@example.com to discuss them.
- Click Next. The Customize Installation dialog appears. These choices are optional
- Click Next.
The Choose Install Path dialog is displayed, as shown in Figure 4. You can make changes to the Installation Directory path at this time.
Figure 4: Change the Installation Directory
- Click Next.
The Start Copying Files dialog box is displayed.
- Click Accept, Next after you have read the dialog text and agree to the conditions stated in it
The installation progress is displayed. When the software has been installed, the Completing the QuantumATK Setup Wizard dialog box is displayed, as shown in Figure 5. The process should take about four or five minutes to complete.
Figure 5: Completing the QuantumATK Setup Wizard Dialog Box
- To end the installation, click Finish.
Setting up QuantumATK to Work with CADpass client
- Sign in to CADpass client, and make sure that you have selected Synopsys, as shown in Figure 1.
- On your workstation, go to the Start menu | Synopsys QuantumATK | QuantumATK.
- Start the tool.
The Open Project window may appear as shown in Figure 6.
Figure 6: The QuantumATK Open Project Window
- Select the example to learn more about the software or choose Create New to start a fresh project.
The QuantumATK NanoLab main window will open, as shown in Figure 7.
Figure 7: The Main QuantumATK NanoLab Window
Troubleshooting Installation Problems
You must run the QuantumATK installation program using administrator privileges.
Figure 8. Administrator privileges are required to install QuantumATK
If the tool fails to install properly, contact CMC Support for help with diagnosing the problem at https://www.cmc.ca/support/. If after configuring settings the software still cannot not find a license, it may be caused by an anti-virus program interfering with access to the license server, or by a firewall program blocking ports.
Additional Support Resources
- Tutorials that are bundled with this installation are listed under Start menu | Synopsys QuantumATK |, or through the Help menu, as shown in Figure 9.
Figure 9: Tutorials Available in QuantumATK